Thread: Twin 42" SprintCat Questions

Default Twin 42" SprintCat Questions

Anyone have an Idea for a hot spot to mount the motors in this Hull? Using CF Mounts cut to fit, running twin TP 4060's 2040kv 2 6s 5000 packs, Counter 4814 prop's.
    YOUTUBE-HyProBuildv1
    HyProBuildV1/Facebook

Cool

hhe 29" sprintcat & the 29" mean machine are the same hull/tunnel & transom's with the only real difference being the hatches are different configurations. I ran a similar ul-1 power system in mine on 5s (3656 2030kv, m445 prop ) , and that was a pretty nice setup.
    That hull will fly balanced at 30% (9 3/4" from the rear of the hull) with a deep rudder, 3" - 3.5" below the transom. I recommend counterotating m445 props but twin 4s - 5s packs is good I think, cause on 6s the 29" hull gets squirrely in the top end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trying to keep the drive lines, as short as possible, May try 20% ahead, and weight the boat with the lipos on a good set of battery trays..Probably won't hurt. Heard these hulls can be tricky to get balanced. Any Idea if the 42" Sprint can handle 80mph runs?
    YOUTUBE-HyProBuildv1
    HyProBuildV1/Facebook

Damn, I guess I did need this cup of coffee, I missed your 42" in the title .....

As far as flexshafts go, I have always liked proboat shafts. The 42" sprint kitty is more stable than the shorter 29" model, and will handle a lil' more speed. I don't know how realistic 80 mph is, that's a good size hull, personally I wouldn't push it that hard. Those are good motors, but better suited to a smaller hull. I think you'll have better luck with 1800kv mills on 6s x 2.