Thread: Can I use 3x2s lipos to run as 6s??

Default Can I use 3x2s lipos to run as 6s??

I have a bunch of matched set 2s lipos (5000mah. Grim Racers) that I've been using to run 4s. Anyone know how or even if I could connect these to run them as 6s?

yes you can.
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Excellent!!! I have zero idea how that would look like as far as connecting the wires. Do you have any idea where I could find a pic or diagram? I can solder some 5.5 connectors but I have no idea what to connect to what. I'm fairly certain that I sound like a dolt, but i don't want to blow anything up :)

Here you go. 3 2s batteries as a 6s battery.

IMG_20141113_170420.jpg
    Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsnaff View Post
    Excellent!!! I have zero idea how that would look like as far as connecting the wires. Do you have any idea where I could find a pic or diagram? I can solder some 5.5 connectors but I have no idea what to connect to what. I'm fairly certain that I sound like a dolt, but i don't want to blow anything up :)
    LOL, no shame in asking questions, in fact just the opposite. Basically, if you call it packs A, B, and C, then pos from pack A goes to neg on pack B, then pos on pack B goes to neg on pack C, so you will be left with a free neg from pack A and a free pos from pack C, thos will be the power to ESC. You basically just "string" the packs together.

I had a sneaking suspicion it would look something like that, but it almost seemed to simple! That's awesome! I've been wanting to experiment with running a couple boats on 6s, but was hesitant to invest in yet another battery when I had all these 2s's sitting around. Thanks for the quick response and helpful pics guys!!!

Just don't let anyone distract you when you are making all of those connections!

I'm going to have to number or color code the ends or something. I'm easily distracted! Lol

It is perfectly possible, I run 4x 2s packs in my 8s Supercat. But be aware that when you run several packs in series you are adding a lot of wire and connectors which all add impedance before the ESC, cutting down the wires as much as is possible and/or adding capacitance to the ESC would be a good idea.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks for all the great replies guys! I feel smarter already :)
    Now, if I want to charge these as 6s, can I just leave them in series and plug them into a 6s to 3x2s balance plug splitter and just charge away?