Thread: 44" seaducer mono, motor or motors choice

Default 44" seaducer mono, motor or motors choice

hello, i just bought this boat from ose forums,looking for any and all suggestions first i would like to say that i have better luck with twins running cooler would that be a good option? for this hull. How about maybe a castle 2028 or maybe a neu 2215. Thanks in advance, geno

Hey Geno, I'm not familiar with this hull but is there enough space for 2 2028 motors, esc's etc... Id like to see some pics of the interior, ...are you planning on stingers or struts....I've been seeing some interesting twin builds using struts with flood tubes...lookn forward to seeing where you go with this brother.... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Hey Geno, I'm not familiar with this hull but is there enough space for 2 2028 motors, esc's etc... Id like to see some pics of the interior, ...are you planning on stingers or struts....I've been seeing some interesting twin builds using struts with flood tubes...lookn forward to seeing where you go with this brother.... DJ
    DJ, Don't even have the hull yet i just paid for it yesterday. Just trying to get a head start but twin 2028 seems a bit much for a seaducer mono

Check with Jim, he had one that he ran with a 2028.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...er-Model-60-80

Gene, after lookn at that build and the vid, I like this hull. Seeing how it runs with a single 2028, I would say that twin 2028's is definately overkill and having the room for lipos since according to what was said in build the CG needs to stay back...this hull would be perfect for my planned twin outboard mono build...I would think a pair of 1527's would be plenty of power with some left over...give me a call brother, curious how its going with the GP you got from me....have a good one... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Gene, after lookn at that build and the vid, I like this hull. Seeing how it runs with a single 2028, I would say that twin 2028's is definately overkill and having the room for lipos since according to what was said in build the CG needs to stay back...this hull would be perfect for my planned twin outboard mono build...I would think a pair of 1527's would be plenty of power with some left over...give me a call brother, curious how its going with the GP you got from me....have a good one... DJ
    I'm actually home today just been working on it might get some paint on it this weekend i have some nice ppg deltron base coat clear coat red, blue, purple, and a little green left over from my twin cat. cant decide what color to use

Unless you just want to run twins, one castle 2028 on 10s will do the job. Raced a 44" seaducer in unlimited class and had plenty of speed. Never got the handling quite worked out, but the boat was very fast.

Anyone, out there even seen one of these with twins if so what motor kv? Heck i may even go to the dark side and go GAS

Cool

Twins would not have to be 2028s. That is a lot of weight in that hull, which is short on space anyway compared to many large monos. If twins were desired (not needed) then two Neu 1527s or 1530s (or equivalents) would be plenty of power and would fit better too. But really, you will not have any heat issues with a single 2028 using any sane setup. The Seaducers run fast and loose and are easy to push. IIRC electric saw speeds in the 70s with some props - which is not appropriate for our race water.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for