Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop installation question

Yes the collet need to be Tight. As I had told you before, if that prop L40x57 is Not SHARP and Balanced it will NOT work. Have you messed with the settings one the strut or turn fin at all? Take the prop off and set the boat on a flat surface so the strut and ride pads are the only thing touching, while leaving the turn fin hang over the edge. Set the bend of the turn fin level with the surface of table or what ever you have it setting on. Now set the strut level and at 1" to 1"and 1/16th on a inch from the surface of table to the bottom of the boat. Here is a video of mine running a 42x55 prop, runs 45 all day long.

Modified Jae21, Stock Jae21, Cheetah, Ul-1, Shock Wave 26 V2 (Rescue Boat).

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudman32 View Post
    Yes the collet need to be Tight. As I had told you before, if that prop L40x57 is Not SHARP and Balanced it will NOT work. Have you messed with the settings one the strut or turn fin at all? Take the prop off and set the boat on a flat surface so the strut and ride pads are the only thing touching, while leaving the turn fin hang over the edge. Set the bend of the turn fin level with the surface of table or what ever you have it setting on. Now set the strut level and at 1" to 1"and 1/16th on a inch from the surface of table to the bottom of the boat. Here is a video of mine running a 42x55 prop, runs 45 all day long.

Nice Video!!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

If I may say, it is NOT uncommon to have problem with the stock Aqua Craft collet, if I were you I will change to an Octura one ASAP, same thing with the flex cable, don't wait until you have a nice working prop and then something goes wrong and you lose that prop.
    This one: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ct-ocfhe5mm15S
    or
    This one: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ct-ocfhe5mm15d

and finally: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=ose-cable-ul1

Thanks for the tips guys! i will try to setup the strut as you said sirBudman and thanks for the tip tlandauer but i believe i can't buy stuff from OSE cause they don't deliver to Mexico ;-(

Ill try to buy it elsewhere (is the flex cable also from Octura? do you have a part number?)

thanks a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by djviko44 View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys! i will try to setup the strut as you said sirBudman and thanks for the tip tlandauer but i believe i can't buy stuff from OSE cause they don't deliver to Mexico ;-(

Ill try to buy it elsewhere (is the flex cable also from Octura? do you have a part number?)

thanks a lot!!
    I actually don't know, but it is a .150 cable with a 3/16 shaft.
    You can buy them and cut the cable to the proper length using a cut off wheel with Dremel rotary power tools.

SirBudman, regarding to the adjustments on the shaft of my boat... is this what you meant? thanks a lot!
    shaft.jpg

yes.

so i guess it's correctly setup now... thanks a lot! i already sharpened my prop more, hope to see better results tomorrow

thanks a lot to you all

vic.

give her hell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12