Thread: Anybody make a 4" rail T-Bar ?

Default Anybody make a 4" rail T-Bar ?

Looking for a 4" T/Bar for 1/4 flex for my prather project. Anybody know of a version for 4" rails? Thanks

I've never seen one but perhaps one of the guys on www.jrcbd.com who makes the 5 inch version for gas boats can make a custom one for you.

Thanks chilli

I cut about a 1/4" off both sides of a 5" bar, believe it or not there were still a few threads left in holes. I drilled, and tapped just a tad deeper just to make sure the screw would bite.
    I then notched out a slot in the rails, so when I set the bar down into it, the outside of the bar was flush with the outside of the rail. Outside width of a 4" rail using 1/4" ply is 4.1/2".
    1/4" loped off both ends of 5" bar = ? Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?
    I suppose you could use epoxy to secure it, However, what I did was glue, and screw a small piece of sheet metal to the outside of the rails with a hole to put a hex driven button head
    screw through, and into the bar.
    I used this one from Arrowshark; http://www.arrowshark.com/T-bar.php The nice thing about this T-Bar is you can adjust it up, down, left, and right, so install doesn't have to be perfect.

Visual aid; P1030151.jpg
    Last edited by runzwithsizorz; 11-12-2014 at 11:11 AM.