Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS Signal In Cabon Fiber Boats

The hatches can all be ordered from TFL. The issue is the cost of shipping. If they can be combined with a larger order that helps. Since you have the winter maybe Tom at Amp Eater can get one in for you. I have a FG hatch from him for my CF Fantasm. I reinforced it with with Coremat and fiberglass. Kevlar works also, but I hate trying to cut it.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by dethow View Post
    I also like Jeff's idea, but if I'm going to paint a cf piece to cover the body work I might as well just find that fg hatch somewhere.

I really can't believe these things are not more readily available. I have to believe a few have been lost during a hard crash to the bottom of the lake. And I've seen some body work completed on racer's hatches do to crashes with other boats.

Worst case for me is that I will purchase an entire fg hull, take the fg hatch, and then resell it with my cf hatch on the boat.

I'm just discussing the possibility of this plexy idea so I could save some money on 3 boat hatches, keep the cf look throughout, and generally think it may be cool looking.
    You'll come out better getting a fg hull, then selling it with your hatch on it. You'd almost be able to do it and end up getting your money back. That is probably your best option.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    The hatches can all be ordered from TFL. The issue is the cost of shipping. If they can be combined with a larger order that helps. Since you have the winter maybe Tom at Amp Eater can get one in for you. I have a FG hatch from him for my CF Fantasm. I reinforced it with with Coremat and fiberglass. Kevlar works also, but I hate trying to cut it.
    I have an email out to Monica at TFL for fg hatches on my pursuit mono and viper (popeye) hydro. Will TFL have a hatch for the River Cat / Apparition too?

Also... I emailed Monica a couple weeks ago for a quote on a cf Ariane and never heard back. I emailed her this morning with reminder on the Ariane and asked about the fg hatches but haven't heard anything. Is there a better way to talk to her then email: kwl@tflhobby.com ???

I already found the hydro hatch on Kintec for $35, but the only place I could find an in stock pursuit hatch was from RC Boat Bitz at close to $55 plus high shipping from Aus. I figured I'd check with TFL before doing that.
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You'll come out better getting a fg hull, then selling it with your hatch on it. You'd almost be able to do it and end up getting your money back. That is probably your best option.
    I agree and that's probably what I'll do. I just hate getting into another sale item if I don't have to, you know...

kfxguy, is Rocstar correct that we can get this fg hatch for the 34" River Cat from TFL??? If that's the case, I need 3 hatches from them and I could order any you want which would help us both since shipping would get less and less on a per piece basis.
    Have fun with that....

kfxguy, is Rocstar correct that we can get this fg hatch for the 34" River Cat from TFL??? If that's the case, I need 3 hatches from them and I could order any you want which would help us both since shipping would get less and less on a per piece basis.
    Here, Tell Monica you need item #1107 Apparition F/G Gelcoat Hatch only.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Here, Tell Monica you need item #1107 Apparition F/G Gelcoat Hatch only.
    I just sent another email to multiple locations there... kwl, sales, info...

but where are you getting the item # from? Is there some sort of catalog? Or is there a website other then www.tflhobby.com?
    Have fun with that....

I agree and that's probably what I'll do. I just hate getting into another sale item if I don't have to, you know...

You can get them from tfl. Gotta do a little paperwork (set up some sort of account) It's not that easy to order from them. You have go back and forth through email to purchase something. I rather not deal with the headache of it and just get them elsewhere. I really wish they would start an online store (I've mentioned this to Monica but her boss don't seem too into it) to make stuff easier to order. In your situation, I'd just buy the whole hull, and then sell it. So what if you lose 20 bucks on it...you got what you needed and you got a hatch for 20 bux. I'm impatient and sometimes you gotta pay to play.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You can get them from tfl. Gotta do a little paperwork (set up some sort of account) It's not that easy to order from them. You have go back and forth through email to purchase something. I rather not deal with the headache of it and just get them elsewhere. I really wish they would start an online store (I've mentioned this to Monica but her boss don't seem too into it) to make stuff easier to order. In your situation, I'd just buy the whole hull, and then sell it. So what if you lose 20 bucks on it...you got what you needed and you got a hatch for 20 bux. I'm impatient and sometimes you gotta pay to play.
    I completely understand your point, but I need more then just the cat hatch. And I really don't want to pay $55 plus $$shipping from Aus for the pursuit hatch. Also, I want to establish with TFL because I may want to do an Ariane next winter and would rather buy directly from them, the way I want it.

I'll see how it all works out. If its a big hassle... I also have an email out to Tom with Amp Eater per Rocstar's advice to see if he can get me the 3 hatches from TFL. Plus the PM I sent to Tiqueman per your suggestion.
    Have fun with that....

Kfxguy,
    Tom with Amp Eater got back to me and he has all three hatches. He is also a core member of MMEU which is the club I'm building my boats to race with. Awesome connection... thank you.
    Have fun with that....

Kfxguy,
    Tom with Amp Eater got back to me and he has all three hatches. He is also a core member of MMEU which is the club I'm building my boats to race with. Awesome connection... thank you.
    Ooops! It was Rocstar who got me in contact with Tom. Thanks Joel.
    Have fun with that....

Was just thinking that. How much for a hatch? Pm me. I need one for a customer.

Tom is an awesome guy and very helpful. All the MMEU guys are. I'm going to make every effort to get out there more next season.

Does the gps you plan to use have an external antennae? If not can you open it up to locate the antennae and solder on an external antennea? If so, you can run that antennae throu the same antennae tube for your radio receiver. I don't know if it's possible. Just a thought..
    Last edited by HangTheMan; 11-11-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HangTheMan View Post
    Does the gps you plan to use have an external antennae? If not can you open it up to locate the antennae and solder on an external antennea? If so, you can run that antennae throu the same antennae tube for your radio receiver. I don't know if it's possible. Just a thought..
    No external ant. Its a Garmin Forerunner 301. I found some fg hatches... I'll just go that route. Thanks for the input thou..
    Have fun with that....

Tom is an awesome guy and very helpful. All the MMEU guys are. I'm going to make every effort to get out there more next season.
    That'd be cool. I also told Jeff (Kaotic) I will be in Flint next summer for the SAW races.
    Have fun with that....

If someone wants to send a hatch, I will be making molds soon with Scott to make fg hatches for all you carbon guys.

I can send you a rivercat and a shocker. Probably a cheetah and daytona too.

We have cheetah daytona and shocker covered. Let me get with scott. I currently have the vacuum bagging supplies I need to work out how to best get them to him. I work 4 weeks on 2 off in north dakota.

Scott has a rivercat hatch too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12