Thread: Has someone already used the combo Tekin T8 / RX8 Gen2 in his boat?

Default Has someone already used the combo Tekin T8 / RX8 Gen2 in his boat?

If some of you did used it, could you tell me what are your tought about it?

Thank you!

Sorry, i should have put more detail about the combo... I have it in my part box, it is 220amp per phase, the motor is 1550kv, the ESC can take up to 6s, ajustable built-in BEC. Anything?

I have a several of these systems in my cars. They are awesome for that purpose, not sure about boats though. The 220 amp rating is a peak rating, there is very little continuous load in cars, and it doesn't even come close to what we run in boats. They are also not even remotely waterproof. Personally, I would not put that esc in a boat without a lot of special treatment, and even then I wouldn't do it, I think there are much better options. The motors however are awesome. I have beat the snot out of some of mine for 3-4 years, I have gone through about 1 rotor per season because they separate and magnets come off, but that is from casing and landing ridiculous jumps on my track repeatedly(see the video in my signature), I can't believe they last that long with what I do to them, regaurdless, the motors/cans themselves are unbelievably durable. My truggy has seen probably 5-6 separated rotors and still runs great. Tekin product support has been great to me as well. Not sure what would fit these motors for water cooling, but you might find a jacket that fits, I was always curious myself, but the motor would likely work awesome in a boat, but I wouldn't risk the controller in one.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    I have a several of these systems in my cars. They are awesome for that purpose, not sure about boats though. The 220 amp rating is a peak rating, there is very little continuous load in cars, and it doesn't even come close to what we run in boats. They are also not even remotely waterproof. Personally, I would not put that esc in a boat without a lot of special treatment, and even then I wouldn't do it, I think there are much better options. The motors however are awesome. I have beat the snot out of some of mine for 3-4 years, I have gone through about 1 rotor per season because they separate and magnets come off, but that is from casing and landing ridiculous jumps on my track repeatedly(see the video in my signature), I can't believe they last that long with what I do to them, regaurdless, the motors/cans themselves are unbelievably durable. My truggy has seen probably 5-6 separated rotors and still runs great. Tekin product support has been great to me as well. Not sure what would fit these motors for water cooling, but you might find a jacket that fits, I was always curious myself, but the motor would likely work awesome in a boat, but I wouldn't risk the controller in one.
    The RX8 gen2 is 210amp continous...well, that is what they put on the box! So i tought it would be fine. As for the waterproofing, mine is already waterproofed, i ran it in my traxxas summitIMG_20140302_092710.jpg. i use that truck to remove the snow from my driveway!

WOW. can you show some of how the plow is rigged???
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    WOW. can you show some of how the plow is rigged???
    Sure, here is the link of the thread on the traxxas forum:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...mmit-snow-plow All is there, and even some of my new project for the truck!

But on the boat subject, i will try the rx8 in the boat next season, i will need it for the winter!

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    Sure, here is the link of the thread on the traxxas forum:http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...mmit-snow-plow All is there, and even some of my new project for the truck!

But on the boat subject, i will try the rx8 in the boat next season, i will need it for the winter!
    I just had time to read and watch all the video. Fabulous! Sorry to go off topic but I truly enjoyed your link and admire your designing talent! Man, I envy you!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I just had time to read and watch all the video. Fabulous! Sorry to go off topic but I truly enjoyed your link and admire your designing talent! Man, I envy you!
    Thank you, i really appreciate your comments!

I run a mamba monster 2 esc and a 1512 1800kv motor in my 26" cat. It works great.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was