Thread: Mean Machines New Dress (Thanks Fluid)

Default Mean Machines New Dress (Thanks Fluid)

Couldn't put it in the build threads as I just put a new dress on an old xxxx .. Thanks Fluid for the great hull ,I am so happy to get rid of the Geico wa wa wa wa . It was too much yellow for me so I wrapped the top and painted the inside also added the canopy hold downs to keep kfxguy happy . Now if I could only get it faster maybe its the two 5s 5000mah batteries but I have 3 sets of them so that's what it gets. I can only get 46mph out of it on 5s 10000mah/ 4075 1800/ m445/m545/ t180esc with the strut 1/4" off the table. Looks fast though.. I have a crappy vid I can post also.

You can try the strut down a bit or a M645, also a m447 would bite a bit more with the strut where it is at, but 1800kv really likes 6s
    Last edited by srislash; 11-09-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Sorry for the terrible vid I think I had the m545 on then, srislash I will try the strut down a bit thanks.

Yeah, that looks really stable. As the strut goes down it will 'loosen' up a bit, but speed will increase as it breaks loose from the water. Then the fine balance starts, batteries a touch forward perhaps. Just play with it and have fun.
    And as a tip, Mark where the strut is now because that is set nice for light chop or "race wAter"

Looks like it runs well. I have mine set up with a 4082 1600kv leopard. Think I can get 6s packs in the sides? What packs are you running?

You wrapped it? Looks awesome! Put you some bright decals on it and that will finish it. Good job on the hatch hold downs!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by mstine06 View Post
    Looks like it runs well. I have mine set up with a 4082 1600kv leopard. Think I can get 6s packs in the sides? What packs are you running?
    My batteries are 5s 5000mah, the batteries fit like a dream drop right in with ease. If your worried about fitment just make a dummy battery out of foam or wood to the dimensions of the batts your going to buy and see how they fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You wrapped it? Looks awesome! Put you some bright decals on it and that will finish it. Good job on the hatch hold downs!
    Yah I wrapped it the hatch was a pain had to do it in three sections, it does need to be brighter its hard to see at times, good for now. Knew you would like the hold downs , tape is for kindergarten I found a way to get her to scoot a bit better ordered a NEU/Castle 1515 and HRC water jacket

Quote Originally Posted by 3-UP View Post
    Yah I wrapped it the hatch was a pain had to do it in three sections, it does need to be brighter its hard to see at times, good for now. Knew you would like the hold downs , tape is for kindergarten I found a way to get her to scoot a bit better ordered a NEU/Castle 1515 and HRC water jacket
    I have not owned a mean machine yet, but that's supposed to be a good motor for it. It's a good motor regardless.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by 3-UP View Post
    Yeah well I would be careful with your props if you are in fact planning to run that 1515 on 5s.

I hit 60 on a detounged 642 with mod to high temps on a full 3 minutes running hard. Jmtc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

This was your boat?Wow!! I have a x440/x440-3/x642 detounged /m445 and m545 lost my detongued x442 in the bottom of the river.
    Please let me know your setup for the vid strut height/prop/batts.
    Thanks

Yeah that's mine.

Castle 1515, m440, sky 4400 mah 5s lipos, t180esc. Strut 3/16 up

Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 11-11-2014 at 07:27 AM.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Yeah that's mine.

Castle 1515, m440, sky 4400 mah 5s lipos, t180esc. Strut 3/16 up

Perfect thanks for the info

also i should mention , the packs were centered just about 8 1/2 inches from the transom.

also i should mention , the packs were centered just about 8 1/2 inches from the transom.
    Thanks for the good info. The cooling jacket from HRC arrived, parts from OSE arrived but the motor I ordered first from only 2 states away does not even look like I will get it by the weekend . HRC and OSE shipped out fast too bad the other company which I will not name wasn't a bit more prompt. Well thats enough wining. Thanks again Luck.

My motor is being picked up this weekend, hope to get it out Sunday , I'm going to detounge my x440 to try first and then maybe take down my m545 to 41-42mm?? Hey Luck did like the 642?
    I had to brighten it up as it was very hard to see with the wrap so I got out the exacto knife and started cutting hoping not to cut too deep

Last edited by 3-UP; 11-29-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Well installed the cc1515 @ 15deg timing today, ran the detongued x440 and ran a slower 43mph, detongued x642 @ 40mph , I have no clue whats going on ? Bad esc? Maybe not getting full throttle ? Strut 3/16 off table, this thing should be scooting? I've had enough for this year, I had to drive quite a ways to find calm water that wasn't froze, it was the warmest its been today at 45 degF. Looks fast when its going though, tried to take a vid but the batts went dead in the camera.... Not my day.. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Hmm that's odd.
    Yeah with the 642 you should be hitting 60.
    Gimme the rundown of everything you got goin on. All your equipment and post pics of your strut with the boat on a table.

Batteries: 2 Zippy Compact 5s 4500mah 35c/45c peak
    2 Blue Lipo 5s 5000mah 40c/80c peak
    2 Vortex Nano 5s 5000mah 50c/100c peak

Radio: Spectrum DX2E
    Spectrum MR200

ESC :Seaking 180A /set at Forward only /5s /low voltage at 3.4 & no protection/ timing 15Deg

BEC: Castle 10A peak

Motor: Castle 1515 1Y

Connectors: 5.5 on Batts/ESC
    6.5 on motor/ESC

Props: Detongued x440/x642

GPS: Garmin Foreunner 301 mounted under hatch

The ESC & BEC have been under a few times when in my miss geico..
    Batteries tried in various COG.

Here's a strut pic, thanks for your help Luck greatly appreciated.

I would think with a 40 or 42 mm prop I would try the strut flat on the table. I even run my 645 like that on my Geico for speed. It runs loose as heck but the 642 is good, Solid and straight.

Hmm looks like you got the strut rite and everything sounds rite. I wonder what the heck is going on?
    Maybe you're not getting full throttle? You should be cranking along...

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I would think with a 40 or 42 mm prop I would try the strut flat on the table. I even run my 645 like that on my Geico for speed. It runs loose as heck but the 642 is good, Solid and straight.
    Well he set it up based on my mean machine which ran mid 50's on 440 and 60 on 642.
    His strut it rite where mine is at....
    I gained speed raising it up that high

I just read the ESC instructions and it says at full throttle the red led should light up on the ESC, going to check that tomorrow, hopefully it does not light up.. Then i'll try the throttle range calibration again. Man I would kill for mid to high 50's

Well he set it up based on my mean machine which ran mid 50's on 440 and 60 on 642.
    His strut it rite where mine is at....
    I gained speed raising it up that high

I would certainly check the throttle end points then. Set them at 120% as it is real common for ESC's not to read full travel at 100%. I am not sure why some and not others even of the same brand.

Just wanted to say the wrap came out very nice, looks good inside too.

Looks good! I like what you did with the wrap

The LED lights at full throttle as much as I don't want to I may have to buy another ESC ? My boating season is done now.. I would have gone out again but the ESC is showing full throttle..

Thanks for the complements on the wrap too.
    Last edited by 3-UP; 12-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.