Thread: 704authentic - I do not trust

Default 704authentic - I do not trust

This guy is a clown. He posts an ebay link on here for a Genesis Canopy against the rules. He originally said he found it on ebay and listed it here in case other's might need a canopy for the Genesis. He lied, it turns out to be his own auction. It was a no reserve auction. Then when I won it for $15.50 + shipping, and sent him payment. He decides to to not honor the auction. This guy is a tool.

Whoa. That's not good.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

3 things to do.
    1. tell ebay he's a scam.. gets him de-registered.
    2. tell paypal he's a scam, gets him de-registered, and gets your money back
    3. tell others he's a ......
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 11-09-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

He did refund the money. Just don't like dealing with dishonest people. I sent him a message telling him to use the f****** reserve next time. Now I got a message from him saying it's his first time selling and don't know how to use reserve and that he'll sell it to me for $60 shipped. So he's got 98 feedback, been on eBay since 2008 and now he says it's his first time selling on eBay?

Anyways. Just a pet peeve of mine about dealing with dishonest people. No biggie.

Do contact ebay about this. they take a very dim view about sellers
    who don't honor a sale because they didn't get what they wanted for it.
    they will keep a eye on him if you let them know.

Maybe he has been buying on Ebay since 2008? Not defending him but look at his seller profile and click "See all feedback", then "feedback as a seller". Then you can see if he is lying or not. Again, not defending him but there is a chance that this may be the first time selling on Ebay. Then again he could be #)(*&$^#(*&$^... lol
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Default It has been suggested that I should "say something."

Posting actual e-mails, removing two letters due to nonappropriate language.

Dear 704authentic,

Put a f - - king reserve on your auctions the next time.

- one_i_monster

Dear one_i_monster,

I more than understand your frustrations. I to was exited when I won a bid/great deal, only to be told by the seller " item was damaged while preparing to ship." My money was refunded. (JAE 21 FE rigger for $100, worth about $350.)
    This is my very first time selling on Ebay and I'm learning the hard way - making a lot of mistakes. Will figure out how to use the "reserve price" in the future. (a little late now)
    Genesis Canopy: I purchased from rcboatbitz in Australia, $80 plus $30 shipping. Sell a $110 item for $20.?
    I have a local offer of $60 - no shipping. I will offer it to you for $60/shipped. Fair price.? I know it doesn't make things right but maybe just a little better. Let me know if you want it, will send invoice or whatever. If you don't want it, I'll keep it. Was hoping to get thru this first time deal without too much drama.
    I Sincerely Apologize,

- 704authentic

Dear 704authentic,

No I don't want it. And he can it be your first time selling on eBay with 98 reviews and been on eBay since 2008.

- one_i_monster

Dear one_i_monster,

Have only been a buyer until last week. Last week I put in 5 items for sell, selling for the very first time. Two are shipped, one is pending payment, the UL-1 ends tonight and the Canopy.

- 704authentic
    AquaCraft UL-1 59mph.
    Motley Crew 61mph.
    JAE 21FE ~~~ 70 MPH Club ~~~

Thanks for confirming everything I said thus far.

I feel "The Smock" coming....
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

I have been on eBay since 1998. I only started selling periodically since 2009.
    That means I have had 11 years of eBay experience with approximately 80+ feedback without selling a single thing. On my first transaction as an eBay seller, it was confusing, to say the least.
    I would have a huge problem with someone calling me a liar because they couldn't comprehend this fact.

On the other hand, I did sell over 150 DVD's in their standard case, and I miscalculated the shipping weight by quite a bit. It resulted in the sale actually cost me money then hit with eBay fees later. Did I ship the item? Yes I did.

I don't think a thread to vent anger and frustration is a good thing to do. No one is perfect, and to slander someone's name because of one incident isn't beneficial for either party. Let the one who has never made a single mistake in his/her life, cast the first stone.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 704Authentic View Post
    Genesis Canopy: I purchased from rcboatbitz in Australia, $80 plus $30 shipping. Sell a $110 item for $20.?
    Sorry but I have to comment on the fuzzy math...
    RCBB sells this for $72.73, shipping is $23.73 for a total of $96.46 AUS and after the exchange rate this is $86.60 USD. ($23.40 difference)

And I have to agree with HangTheMan... I purchased stuff on ebay for years before selling and knew what reserves were and I also knew I could make the starting bid what ever number I wanted. If you didn't want less then $60 then that should have been your starting bid.

I'm sorry to say, but you (704 Auth) made yourself look bad right of the bat by posting on here that you found a hatch someone may want. Seeing your ebay and OSE user names made it obvious your were the seller on ebay. When you start with a dishonest move its hard for people to accept your claim of a mistake.
    You post a false finding here, you don't sell an item you offered to the highest bidder, and you stretch the truth on what you paid for it. You're 0 for 3 bud.

It appears that your only mistake was posting it on ebay at a low starting price because you thought there would be more potential buyers. Then when you figured out that you weren't going to get what you wanted you tried to drum up some action from OSE members.

You take a risk when listing something on ebay at $0.99 starting. I'm sure lots of people have lost money on that mistake. I know I have... But I still sold the item and learned from my mistake.

ebay lesson for you... do research.
    First, see if there are any listings for the same item.
    Second, check actual sold prices and how often they sell. If you see there are none or few available and then add on that there are none or few recent sales.... you know to offer it at a 'buy it now' price or increased starting bid. If it doesn't sell, ebay will re-list for free 3 times.
    Another lesson is that if you do it as 'a buy it now' your sale has 30 days with 3 re-lists.
    Last edited by dethow; 11-29-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Have fun with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    No one is perfect, and to slander someone's name because of one incident isn't beneficial for either party. Let the one who has never made a single mistake in his/her life, cast the first stone.
    Agreed... somewhat.
    I have made mistakes, but I've accepted the consequences for those mistakes.
    When you break OSE forum rules and ebay rules to cover your mistakes... you disserve what you get.
    Have fun with that....

Oh for cripes sake you guys.
    Give the guy a break... None of you guys are perfect. Who gives a crap if you learn the hard way... That means this guy has to?
    What the big deal, is the hatch for 15 bux really this important in your life?!?

Let it go.... :shakes head:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Oh for cripes sake you guys.
    Give the guy a break... None of you guys are perfect. Who gives a crap if you learn the hard way... That means this guy has to?
    What the big deal, is the hatch for 15 bux really this important in your life?!?

Let it go.... :shakes head:

Understood... but it's the principle of the matter.
    I buy a lot of things off ebay and I'd be pissed if a seller backed out because they didn't get as much as they wanted. This was a $60 to $85 hatch that the buyer was getting for $20. The buyer spent time placing bids, watching the listing, and paying for the item to get that deal. Besides the possibility of ebay buyers missing out on other auctions due to these types of actions. What if a buyer could have bid on a hatch at $40 that was ending before this one but decided to bid on the $20 one to get a better deal? If the seller backs out, the buyer was just injured because they could have bid on the $40 instead.

I win auctions all the time at 50% or less then what others are selling at 'buy it now' prices which are typically close to retail.
    If every seller on ebay just backed out on the highest bidder due to not getting what they wanted... ebay auctions would have no purpose.

The rules exist for a reason... and just as many people have taken a hit "learning the hard way", this gentleman should have as well.
    End result of letting people get away with is:
    "I won't bother bidding on ebay if it looks like a good deal, because the seller will probably just back out. Why waste my time?"
    Have fun with that....

Dude, I've used eBay. Let's not make it out like it's brain science....

As human beings we should try to have some compassion you know. Maybe some understanding of the situation.

Your time? I dunno why you would waste your time typing all that....
    I get what you're saying, I really do. i just don't agree with any of it in this case.

Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 11-29-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

on a side note

My first ebay sale:

posted some guitar parts for $90 shipped no international shipping.

well, i too didn't get the "reserve" done.

next thing i knew a buyer bought them for like $3... i emailed him explaining what happened. and his response? f you ship them to me i don't care.
    so i offered to ship them to him for $87 bucks cause he was in norway or something (still cutting him a deal cause i wasn't planning international shipping). he says "no I'm not paying that. ill contact ebay if you don't ship them to me free".

I had to explain to him, that he purchased an item that was marked no international shipping and that actually he had to pay my shipping cost no matter what it is, because he won the item.

i dunno, he never responded, but its donkeys like that who take advantage of first time sellers on there that turn new sellers away so quickly.

To me it's ridiculous to defend this guy.
    Would you defend every seller on ebay and say they have a right to make a mistake as a human? The mistake of offering something up for auction and then not completing the transaction because they wanted more?

If it was an honest mistake he could have withdrawn the listing before it ended and re-listed it correctly. I know once you have a bidder you can't change most of the listing but you CAN withdraw if you have a good reason. Just like he had to give a good reason to not complete the sale in order to cancel the transaction.

He rode the wave with fingers crossed that he'd get more bids. When he didn't, he just said "well I am not letting it go for that". And then make the claim that he made a mistake not putting a reserve on it. He knew what the listing was, which is why he came on the forum to drum up more bidders. If you can't see through the BS you are kidding yourself.

I'm done wasting my time on this and have nothing more to add unless someone else out there wants to defend this "Clown" as HangTheMan rightfully called him.
    Have fun with that....

Nice speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    on a side note

My first ebay sale:

posted some guitar parts for $90 shipped no international shipping.

well, i too didn't get the "reserve" done.

next thing i knew a buyer bought them for like $3... i emailed him explaining what happened. and his response? f you ship them to me i don't care.
    so i offered to ship them to him for $87 bucks cause he was in norway or something (still cutting him a deal cause i wasn't planning international shipping). he says "no I'm not paying that. ill contact ebay if you don't ship them to me free".

I had to explain to him, that he purchased an item that was marked no international shipping and that actually he had to pay my shipping cost no matter what it is, because he won the item.

i dunno, he never responded, but its donkeys like that who take advantage of first time sellers on there that turn new sellers away so quickly.
    You were actually the right one in that case. If you had the listing noted as 'no international'... it was their mistake to bid on it in the first place. In that case the buyer should have requested to cancel the transaction and then you could have offered as a second chance to other bidders or just relist it.
    Have fun with that....

Default 704authentic - I do not trust

Well I tried to work with the guy. I could have reported him I suppose but whatev. I just re listed correctly and sold them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    I feel "The Smock" coming....
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Default 704authentic

In regards to the thread now closed... about 704authentic
    I did think about this over dinner tonight and I will say despite my dismay on how the ebay transaction was handled... that has nothing to do with 704authentic's actions on this forum and I'd still deal with him as a seller or buyer on this forum.

He's been a member for a lot longer then I have and assume this is his first stumble. People do make mistakes and I think that's all this should be viewed as.

I'd just say moving forward people need to accept responsibility for mistakes made and not break rules to correct them in their own benefit. Maybe next time a mistake like this is made by anyone whom may read this... you could try to explain the mistake and offer a compromise.
    In this case, the ebay buyer was to pay $20 while the seller actually wanted a min of $60. Maybe if you would have offered to meet in the middle at $40, the buyer would have still purchased as it would have still been a good deal. This would result in a mindful buyer accepting mistakes made but still getting a good price and a responsible seller taking some responsibility for a mistake made while attempting to honor a commitment with minimized damage.

Sorry to 704authentic if I offended you with my opinions. I just felt you could have done something to fix the situation that didn't benefit your situation only.
    Have fun with that....