Thread: New boat options.

Default New boat options.

Hi everyone, looking for opinions, feedback and recommendations. I am looking to purchase another boat to have fun with on the lake. Not for racing, just for sport running and bashing around. I am looking for a ARR boat as I am not experienced in building them. I am considering either the Smash Shark or Outer Limits from HK. I have read all the reviews and comparisons on them. My question is are there other boats within the same size/price range out there that you would recommend that is ARR? I currently have a Genesis, Pursuit, Lucas Oil, Geico and Revolt, but the new boat bug is starting to bite me again. With the weather in Texas starting to get nice and cool down and getting perfect for running boats without turning into a baked potato, looking forward to another boat.

Thanks

Dillin

I notice that you don't have a Hydroplane in your Boat Shed.
    The Popeye or the Libero are great ARR boats for getting started on Hydros.

I agree with Paul, You need a Hydro. Maybe now is a good time for you to build one. Maybe not a wood kit, but get a hull and put all the goodies in it yourself. Alot of us on here would be glad to help ya. Or buy one arr off the for sale forum, there is always some on there that would be a good buy. Dont be intimidated about setting one up yourself, its really not that difficult once you do the first one the rest come real easy... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Thank you Paul and Dale. I ordered both the Libero and the Smash Shark. Along with them I also order 2 Turnigy Aquastar 3974 2200kv motors to swap out the stock motors. We'll see how they run once I get them.

YW, I've always liked the looks of the Libero. They should be fun boats to experiment with. Those motors should push them along nicely... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat