Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESC for Neu 1530 8s SAW

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    Now if I where to go down to a SF240 HV with a 1521 would that hold up? Or just be safe and go with the SF300?
    With similar kv? Like the 1577? I would think so, but I haven't run rpm's like that with it, assuming you mean 8s still.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Keith the only thing I was comparing was price, they were saying the MGM was so expensive. But if you go with the X2 Lite Series they are real close to SFs prices, same basic ESC as the X2 Pro just without all the bells and whistles. It still has all the data logging capability of the SF Pro Plus and it's about half the size of the 240.
    I get what you mean, but a more fair comparison would be:
    SF 200/8s vs. MGM 25035
    or
    SF300/15s vs. MGM 25063

In both these cases it would be cheaper to buy two of the SF ESCs than it would be to buy one MGM. Keep in mind I sell MGM ESCs...lol. I'm just being honest. They're much more sophisticated ESCs than the Swordfish are, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better option for a SAW boat. Sometimes simple, dumbed-down power is all you need.

Try an SF 300 maybe my cheap ass radio did not like them but I have a new one on the way

Me and I am sure a lot of others would love to see seaking up their esc's for more power they make awesome ESC's IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    To be brutally honest, there will not be many ESC's that are going to handle that motor on 8S. You are looking at somewhere north of 400A on the accel stage with a very low inductance motor. I would not recommend any of the MGM controllers, probably not even a 40063. The MGM's have too many safeties to prevent over current operation and you will just find the controller pulling power out. The Swordfish 300 or possibly a Fightercat 400A twin board ESC if you can find one. Definitely use short wires, heavy connectors and the strongest batteries you can afford.

TG
    hi tyler, what are the strongest batteries that you know of for 6-s saw riggers?

Revo's are doing good job with my riggers...i can say no differences with the Dinogys's.
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Cool

.......what are the strongest batteries that you know of for 6-s saw riggers?
    Quality cells, high discharge rating and as much capacity as you can fit in the tub. 5000 mAh will not be enough, neither will 35C. Keep the power wires as short as practical. A set of caps wired directly across the power wires (not on a pigtail), all these will help but no guarantees.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Revo's are doing good job with my riggers...i can say no differences with the Dinogys's.
    I second the revo part!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    hi tyler, what are the strongest batteries that you know of for 6-s saw riggers?
    I am not saying in till after this weekend. I have been struggling with batteries and consistency for years and finally bought and ESR meter and iCharger 4010 to cycle and test packs along with a 1kW load bank. After cycling and testing the IR, I found big discrepancies between cells of different vendors. I have three different brands I will be running at the SAW's this weekend in the riggers, so we'll see which works out best.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

I look forward to these battery testing results. I need to invest a pile of money in lipos over the coming winter and information like this is great!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    I am not saying in till after this weekend. I have been struggling with batteries and consistency for years and finally bought and ESR meter and iCharger 4010 to cycle and test packs along with a 1kW load bank. After cycling and testing the IR, I found big discrepancies between cells of different vendors. I have three different brands I will be running at the SAW's this weekend in the riggers, so we'll see which works out best.

TG
    Tyler,
    Are Revos one of the brands?

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Tyler,
    Are Revos one of the brands?
    The 70C Revos have been banned from competition in NAMBA, unless something has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    The 70C Revos have been banned from competition in NAMBA, unless something has changed.
    They have 60c packs that are not HV that should be legal.

Revo 60C is what we are using with no issues ,i.e, bad cells or puffs.IR between 1-2 .BTW they come with a temp label that changes color and temp use to stay in the 50C on my riggers. Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12