Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: New P Sport Hydro 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    No but at less than half the cost they're hard to beat. Performance is similar. One thing I don't like about the TP is that the motor wires are super long. Makes for more heat there.

The 1.5D is a work horse too. Mine is at the bottom of the pond at the Shelby pond. It's been there two seasons. I'm sure it's fine right?

Yeah,yeah, get a diver down there, lol..

If you make the right mix of lye and iodized table salt put in 2" cast iron end cap and heat with propane torch to a slurry you can melt off that epoxy and make wires any length.

I'm going to try it on my 4070 1250kv motor that's not chouching so well.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Or you could order a tp motor with shorter leads from the factory.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Yeah,yeah, get a diver down there, lol..
    I would but I'm afraid the diver will come up with a third eye or something. We're told the water is safe but there is known contamination not far away. I'm not asking anyone to risk it.

I've never thought about burning the epoxy off. Seems reasonable though. I have a bushel of baked motors. Maybe I need to experiment on them. Could be you just torch the wire and then wire wheel it and your good.
    Noisy person

I have to vouch for Neu. I'm still running the 1515-1Y. Same one I've been running in various boats for 5 years now. I actually ran 9 laps at shadow lake with zero cooling (rudder was disconnected) and it is still running well, 2 years later!!

I would like to try the TP 4070 2250KV next spring. It's a Y wind. I tried a D wind in that size and I ended up drawing a lot more current, even with zero timing. The voltage fluctuations/ripple ended up popping my ESC.

Scratch that. The 4070 is massive. 107mm long! I'm going to see if they will custom wind a 4050.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Scratch that. The 4070 is massive. 107mm long! I'm going to see if they will custom wind a 4050.
    the tp-4050 comes in a 2100kv version
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    the tp-4050 comes in a 2100kv version
    I had the 4050-3Y (2100KV) in my 33.5" DYMotorshop P-Mono... Motor is a BEAST! MORE than enough power for the FASTEST P-Sport Hydro...

I'm a firm believer that having ENOUGH power is a way better option than having WAY too much. The less you have to be on/off the throttle, the better your system will handle and the faster you'll be. If you are constantly having the feather the throttle, WHY do you have such a big motor?? Waste of Amps...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    If you are constantly having the feather the throttle, WHY do you have such a big motor?? Waste of Amps...
    What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^said.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I'm a firm believer that having ENOUGH power is a way better option than having WAY too much. The less you have to be on/off the throttle, the better your system will handle and the faster you'll be. If you are constantly having the feather the throttle, WHY do you have such a big motor?? Waste of Amps...
    You're dead on there Darin. I have two more setups for the boat that are much much more power. The boat is really really fast going straight but eventually you have to crank 4 or 5 G into the turn and hang it on the fin. You need a fin as big as your hand to hold it. It's very nearly un-driveable.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    What ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^said.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    You're dead on there Darin.
    HOLY $%^#! I'm actually RIGHT about something?? Don't tell my wife!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I'm telling. Yup, no need to over do it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Yup, no need to over do it.
    Hey, wait a minute.....isn't this the guy with the 90mph Q-Sport talking???? He had at least 10mph on all of us a couple years ago!! Including the madman PAGS!!! Although.....I do remember people calling his tent 'Ray's BBQ'.

Seriously though....that thing was fast. You could have cleaned all of our clocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Hey, wait a minute.....isn't this the guy with the 90mph Q-Sport talking???? He had at least 10mph on all of us a couple years ago!! Including the madman PAGS!!! Although.....I do remember people calling his tent 'Ray's BBQ'.

Seriously though....that thing was fast. You could have cleaned all of our clocks.
    That was a blast. Totally out of my league for the time. We'll see how she goes in 2017.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I had the 4050-3Y (2100KV) in my 33.5" DYMotorshop P-Mono... Motor is a BEAST! MORE than enough power for the FASTEST P-Sport Hydro...

Pfttt!!!��

Isn't that boat making its way to WW by way of MI? These boats all have lives of their own.
    Noisy person

Hey, been building Pete's boat and doing some upgrades so I thought I would share them.

I added carbon both sides of transom 1/16 plate to stiffen and prevent the wood from crushing around the bolts which can lead to rot later on. Some tabs to add some bracing which will get glassed in later.
    also added a carbon D-box to the frame.. I used to race full size hydro's and we could see skin buckling if the turn fin area was not strong enough. Probably extreme overkill, but it doest add much more than a few
    grams of weight and turn fin area is rock solid now. I thought with the speeds this boat is capable of might as well give it all I got.
    Attached Images Attached Images

last pic

Incredible work. I wonder how much flex we actually get in that turn fin area. These things are pulling some serious g's.

I've been working on the next gen. It's still early, but it's much sleeker and has wider ride pads. Hopefully I'll have some pics soon.

Finally some hobby time during the Christmas break. The first (2) V6.2 prototypes have been started. This boat is considerably thinner than it's predecessor and still has ample room for (2) 4S 4000 lipos. I'm also learning how to cut graphics using color mapping with power levels and speeds. The graphics come out a lot crisper than using raster mode.

There were a few follies with slot depths, but for the most part this boat is going together quite well. I think I mentioned above that the sponson pads have been widened. This should give it more area to ride on with the extra weight of the P class. Also, if anyone wants to build up the sponsons (deeper tunnel), you can follow the same side angle.

BTW, this 22" sanding block is great for getting the bottom face squared up before you skin it. I use the laser cut burn edge as kind of a 'guide coat'. When I start breaking into all of the burn marks, I know I've hit everything.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021