Thread: Du-Bro Tru Spin anyone use this balancer ?

Default Du-Bro Tru Spin anyone use this balancer ?

Anyone use this balancer it says can be used for boat props, I know plane guys love it.

Thanks for any info.

I use the one that it was modeled after. It's a Hi Point and I have had it for 30 yrs. Used for my airplane props and they turned a hell of a lot more RPMs. That balancer would work fine.

i have the hipoint too. been using it since 1976! this one is almost a copy! it should do the job quite well. i would use it.

If you are looking for accuracy, you can't beat a magnetic balancer. I would even choose the Grim Racer over the Du-Bro as it will be more sensitive for a more accurate balance which is what you want. Some people don't care, so if you don't then it's fine.

Cool

...Used for my airplane props and they turned a hell of a lot more RPMs...
    Really, more than 40,000 rpm? I didn't think that even pylon racers spun that fast. The HighPoint balancer is 'okay' but there are better balancers out there for boats. Boat props weigh a lot less than plane props and a magnetic balancer is much better.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Ok thanks guys I'll stick with what I have

Personally I didn't spin anything like that in my planes, and the only pylon racer in my club didn't spin that fast either, but then I have seen several boat racers recommending 30-35k rpm for racing and you know there are a lot of folks out side of oval boat racing spinning higher. The same is true with pylon racing, there are probably more speed 400 class pylon race airframes out there with Mega 16/15/2 4600kv (or similar) motors on 3s 1800-2200mAh packs spinning APC or Graupner 4.1"x4.1" props that are totally illegal for racing and the owners have no intention of ever competing, than there are with Permax 400 motors actually racing.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.