Thread: FlySky binding compatibility

Default FlySky binding compatibility

Hi all, this is not about which radio has the longest range.
    From time to time when I acquire a new boat and I use the FlySky to run some tests while waiting for my Spektrum to come. I don't have any spare receivers so I ordered sometime ago from HobbyPartz, their FS-GR3E rx is out of stock and the new one is FS-GR3F, was told that it will bind with my GT3B tx, but it doesn't! Is this normal?
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gr3e.html vs. http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gr3f.html
    Just so you all know, bought four units and none of them work.
    I used to get a great deal from my LHS on Spektrum , I know the owner and I get dealer's cost! But they are moving ( one step away from closing down) and no longer stock them,
    HorizonHobby is not a cheap place to order if you live in California, there is sales tax and S/H.
    Oh well....
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I have a few of the new ones and didn't have a problem binding. The only difference I saw was the bind port is moved and it will accept 2s lipos without burning up.

I use the same reciever as the GT2b on my GT3b. haven't had any problems with them. We did have a problem with one at racing on Saturday, in a petrol sport hydro, if I was standing between the boat and the driver with tx, the throttle servo would zero. Weird? Changed the rx and no problem. They are cheap so throwing away the odd bad one is nothing.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

In the year when I bought my GT-3B, the receiver is FS-GR3C, then it morphed to GR3E which is what I have been using and with no binding issue, now the new one that accepts up to 8.4v can't be bound to my GT3B.
    Anyway, I have ordered more Spektrum and for my curiosity I managed to get more GR3Es from AliExpress, will see if it is true or just my Tx is bad, they are disposable items as far as i am concerned.

hi guys , I tried skyfly, it4 radio , spektrum radio , an had problems at the start , trashed 2 boats,
    I feel that the Futaba 3pl, an 4pl , 2.4 FHSS system r great for water , never had 1 problem.
    3 things I tell people getting in to rc boats , buy a good radio, charger, an servos,

As said at the get go, I am not trying to gamble on the FlySky, it is just a curious thing as I found out that these later Rxs don't bind to the GT3B Tx.
    Having said that, the two boats that I used Flysky had no problems whatsoever, the only damages my boats sustained were the UL-1 and another hydro which had Tactic radio. Both times the fail safe did not kick in. The former being an RTR and I trusted the stock set up....

sorry dude, just my XP with cheap radios, did not mean to upset u,? Sorry.

Do you want one of mine that works and send me one of yours that doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by darryl whitman View Post
    sorry dude, just my XP with cheap radios, did not mean to upset u,? Sorry.
    Oh no, you didn't upset me at all, I was just avoiding another thread of discussing which cheapo radio would work. No worries! Thank you for being so kind!
    Any way, here is the update, I got the older rx from Amazon and yes, they did bind with my tx. So ends my experiment.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Do you want one of mine that works and send me one of yours that doesn't?
    I have four brand new ones that don't work, I am heading out for work, if you want them they are yours, just cover the postage!!!
    Thanks for actually taking an interest in this thread!

Thanks Tim, PM sent. FYI, if for some reason they work for me I'm sending them back :-).

Oscar

Thanks Tim, PM sent. FYI, if for some reason they work for me I'm sending them back :-).

Oscar
    I will be very happy if they work for you, hate to see them not being used properly.
    PM received, unfortunately I work thru this weekend, will go out first thing on Monday.
    BTW, I was just kidding, you don't need to worry for postage.

Six receivers sent via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, will PM you with number.
    The orange color ones are from HK and let me know if they bind, very curious......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Six receivers sent via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, will PM you with number.
    The orange color ones are from HK and let me know if they bind, very curious......

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Tim! I'll definitely let you know.

Tim, got the receivers and I was able to bind them all. The FS-GR3F requires the bind plug to be where the battery would normally connect. Same for the hobbyking ones. I'll put them back in the mail to you tomorrow :-).

Oscar

I hold the bind button down for about 15 solid red seconds, turn off and unplug everything, plug the battery & steering servo in turn the radio boak on works everytime and I did have problems the 1st few times I tryed !!

Tim, got the receivers and I was able to bind them all. The FS-GR3F requires the bind plug to be where the battery would normally connect. Same for the hobbyking ones. I'll put them back in the mail to you tomorrow :-).

Oscar
    Oscar, why don't you keep half of it, I meant to gove them to you anyway, if you really want to send some back, just three, give me one orange one just for the hell of it.
    I thought I plugged the binding plug in the correct port, I will have to try, sorry you have to go to the P.O.
    Might have to ask you to walk me thru this.

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I hold the bind button down for about 15 solid red seconds, turn off and unplug everything, plug the battery & steering servo in turn the radio boak on works everytime and I did have problems the 1st few times I tryed !!
    Yes, I did as well, but I think in the end I have the binding plug in the wrong port on these newer versions though.

Oscar, why don't you keep half of it, I meant to gove them to you anyway, if you really want to send some back, just three, give me one orange one just for the hell of it.
    I thought I plugged the binding plug in the correct port, I will have to try, sorry you have to go to the P.O.
    Might have to ask you to walk me thru this.
    That's fine, I'll get them out tomorrow. It can be a little confusing with the way they have the label, I initially had issues because I was putting the bind plug on channel 3. I got one of the old ones I have and binded it then went to the new ones and noticed what I was doing wrong.

Oscar

That's fine, I'll get them out tomorrow. It can be a little confusing with the way they have the label, I initially had issues because I was putting the bind plug on channel 3. I got one of the old ones I have and binded it then went to the new ones and noticed what I was doing wrong.

Oscar
    Receivers came back and thank you for putting the bind plug where it belongs. I had no trouble binding them, and to think I was stumped for MONTHS!!!
    Thank you again for your generous help!

An other good thread!! Good info! Thank you all!!

Receivers came back and thank you for putting the bind plug where it belongs. I had no trouble binding them, and to think I was stumped for MONTHS!!!
    Thank you again for your generous help!
    No worries Tim and glad they worked!! The same has been done for me and I'll do what I can to help others as well. That's part of what makes this a great forum!

Oscar

Enjoy reading and useful info indeed.

This is such a nice forum, it has restores my faith in humanity when i read threads like this.

Well done gents.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.