Thread: Plastic prop compared to metal

Default Plastic prop compared to metal

'm looking at props. At this point I'm just experimenting. I have a tunnel with a OS leg. I was looking at the metal 440 by octura. What is the same side and pitch in aplastic. And I want to get a few different sizes to start. The only prop I have and have been using is a octura x438. Motor runs luke warm with no issues. Can anyone recommend what props I can try for more speed in addition to the x440?

What motor? What voltage? What controller? Please don't make us guess.......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

11.1 120 swordfish pro.
    Motor is a 2290kv lepord 3650

What hull?

Sorry once again. It's a small HK Hornet tunnel.

first : i don't know much about tunnel hulls

but : are you sure it's a 2290Kv 3650 leopard?
    it seems a little low on KV for 3s to me

i guess you mean carbon reinforced props when you write "plastic"?

i always take on size higher , due to the flex a carbon prop has ,compared to a metal one

graupner k-series are rather good value for the money

when you confirm on the KV people can give you better advice regarding prop ,it makes a difference if it is a 2290 kv or ( for instance) a 3400 kv on 3s!

Yup 2290kv 6d. This is my first experience with electric F1s. I have 3 gas 1/4 scale gas tunnels. But electrics is a whole new beast to me. I appreciate the concern about the kv and 11.1v confirmation. I'm sure you guys have spent more cash then me in this hobby. But for a project just to see if I like electric, it seems slapping a small boat together isn't cheap. Appreciate the concern, it would suck if I made a wrong decision myself and smoked my system. Nice to see RC boat enthusiasts have each other's back.

Also what size motor watts and kv would you use.

again : not much expieience with tunnel hulls here
    but i think the 3650 is about the right size for such a small hull

would think that it needs to be driven on 4s with that 2290Kv,again :there are guy's here that can help you better

but with 3s that motor+esc should have no problem with the 440 octura or 42 mm carbon prop (all 2blade and 1.4 p)
    because those carbon props cost almost nothing :start with the 40mm and check the temps before propping up to the 42mm

and off course ;in case you would try 4s : smaller props are needed (that x438 could be spot on) ,esc is still ok

hope that someone with more knowledge about this hull can confirm or correct this?

Thanks appreciate the help.
    Just so I am sure. If I use 2. 2s batteries, they are exact duplicates. Same c same amps. Do you run in parallel or series. I will find a diagram how to wire them together.