Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone heard of Vac-U-Pickle

Quote Originally Posted by okieman98 View Post
    ok got lost somewhere with the research i have been doing, lol, i was thinking i saw these run on 4 s. going to order after the 1st of the month so drifting around finding where to get parts and so on.
    You did. I still run one on 2x2s 5000 45c wired in series with a AQ 2030 and 60a control. It runs great with a M cut X442.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    My Bad, i thought it came with the FasTech 45amp ESC which was rated for 4s. And Travis is right, space is limited.
    I use the AquaCraft ESC, it barely fits across because the current version of the ESC has a longer cap.
    To the OP,
    I apologize for the extra exchange of info that had you confused. I have always used the AquaCraft ESC (60A) since I acquired this as a used boat from another member. The boat came with an older 45A ESC ( Aqua Craft) and it was set up laterally on a wooden platform which is epoxied to the floor. I up graded to the 60A ESC with a longer capacitor.
    In order for the water lines to have a proper clearance on both sides I placed the ESC in such a way that half of the capacitor is inside the wooden stringers, luckily there are pre-formed holes and it was not a problem.
    I suppose I could have mounted the ESC longitudinally and so it sits on top of the batteries, like in one of the pictures I believe Mr.Doug Smock had shown. It also affords a greater ease of adjusting your COG---point of balance for the boat. I didn't do it simply because the boat was set up this way and the wooden platform was "in the way" and also meant for a lateral set up. More importantly I was satisfied with the COG and I set my batteries as far forward as the hatch will allow.
    How you set up the ESC is really a personal preference and I do prefer to set it attached to the hull rather than having it on top of the batteries---I don't trust myself with the ESC having to move it out of the way every time I need to change batteries.
    My comment that "it is tight" had triggered the "extra" discussion on other possible alternate ESCs.

DSCN7510.jpg DSCN7508.jpg
    Last edited by tlandauer; 10-22-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Thank you for posting this Doug
    I want to try this on my Red FE30 and give it some sparkle that was listed in that tips page
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

since this is my first build any discussion on it is very helpful. and all opinions count on what works for everyone. i was just confused on size of esc because i have all 2 s 5000 40c lipos . and wanted to make very sure on what size will run a 4 s set up. since i don't race. i enjoys speed. so me and my son can race. this is the only source of info for me since there are no local clubs are shops with in 100 miles are so. thanks for the photos of your set up those help a lot when starting putting thing together. i do inspire to race in the future this one is just for play

off topic some but if anyone has race trailers set up post some inside shots, had a cargo trailer give to me been working on it as well

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    How you set up the ESC is really a personal preference and I do prefer to set it attached to the hull rather than having it on top of the batteries
    The way you have your boat set up is the way I prefer and recommend as well. I like everything in it's own space. The less you have to move things around the better.
    In the IROC series pickles I built, I didn't have a choice as the Hydra 120s wouldn't fit in front of the motors.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Here is mine.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...1-Vac-U-Pickle

3660 2200kv
    TGY Marine 120A
    Nanotech 2S 4400mAh 65-130C x2 in series
    CNC 42mm 1.4p prop in the video below

it looks fast and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    The way you have your boat set up is the way I prefer and recommend as well. I like everything in it's own space. The less you have to move things around the better.
    In the IROC series pickles I built, I didn't have a choice as the Hydra 120s wouldn't fit in front of the motors.
    That is very reassuring, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your IROC series Pickles.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12