Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29" Miss Geico

Default 29" Miss Geico

Has Proboat stopped making the 29" ? I see that only the 17" is offered now and Horizon says no longer available

Last time i talked to them i asked the same question
    The tecs said they thought that the miss geico 29 was going to be discontinued
    But not for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw88 View Post
    Has Proboat stopped making the 29" ? I see that only the 17" is offered now and Horizon says no longer available
    I was in my local hobby shop the other day and they had a 29" geico in stock. If you want it I can give you their number and maybe they could ship to you.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

The MG29 V2 is no longer listed on ProBoat's website. I reckon the V3 will be released early next year perhaps? It would be insanity to stop producing one of the best selling RTR boats!

They just released the BlackJack 29" V3.

The BJ29 V3 has already been announced and should be shipping ANY time now.... I'm hoping to have one before Christmas...

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodId=PRB08011
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Hi Darin:

Is the hull improved? In the video release it appears that the BJ29V3 no longer porpoises at high speed. What about those trick looking battery trays? Gone are the old wooden glued on battery trays that were too high up and kept breaking off because the velcro grip of the battery packs to the trays were too strong for the glue!

Also looks like the propeller tube is encased in some sort of mini keel for improved aerodynamics.

Yes... the hull geometry has been revised quite a bit. Seems to have improved the performance and I think you'll find it to corner better as well.

No more wood. HUGE hatch opening. Fiberglass hatch. MUCH better layup, so the pads are flatter, etc. Revised interior. New Motor and ESC package.

I was asked "If you could change anything on the BJ29 hull, what would you change"... Most of this is the result of my answers.

Has a revised hardware package too. They developed that at Pro Boat. I just said it needed to be stronger. I did ask for a kick-up rudder, like on the IM31, but this is fairly close.

The BJ29 V3 is on my Christmas list too, its a pity I have to pay close to $100 shipping to land one at my door! Gosh...the price I have to pay for living in The Lucky Country(Australia)!

BTW: Did you ask them to fit a 63mm propeller?! THAT'S HUGE!!! Check out the product specifications on ProBoat's website, I think they made a mistake with the prop specs!

Will the old hardware transfer to the new hull like the bj to the v1 miss geico? The hatch looks Square. and fiberglass yes?

I doubt it, the motor mount and tray for the receiver and servos and battery trays all look like an entirely new design.

Check out picture gallery of the BJ29V3 and you'll see why.

PRB08011_a14.jpgPRB08011_a15.jpgPRB08011_a16.jpgPRB08011_a17.jpg

Oh, this boat should go 45 0n 4s.

Looks sweet...

Tgis boat is going to start a new thread with the race
    Boys....

I wonder what comes with the hull only as a part? I've seen the price just not the details yet.
    Nortavlag Bulc

My rc store got one in larrys rc in udica mi going to
    Look it over on friday.

Give us the update!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Will do...

Take some pictures of the inside and underside of the hull if possible please?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion_m8 View Post
    Take some pictures of the inside and underside of the hull if possible please?? Thanks.
    You aren't going to be able to see much. The differences aren't quite that visible. One is... the rear ride pads don't have 90-degree outer edges any longer.... they are blended at a 45 up into the sponsons. Loosens the hull up and keeps it from tripping under heavy cornering.

I'm supposed to be getting a hull and hardware from Pro Boat shipped out next week. Will prep this one for P-LTD Cat racing here locally.

Hey Darin: Do you know if there will be a Miss Geico 29" V3?

It would seem crazy for ProBoat to stop making and selling one of the most popular RTR FE boats in the world don't you think?

Hay fusion are looking for a mg? Don't have hobby shops that still have um.
    Last edited by montymike; 11-26-2014 at 10:25 AM.

I had a MGv2, sold it. Got a Lucas Oil atm. Looking to get my hands on the BJ29v3, but I much prefer the MG29v3 if they release it because I love that Neon Yellow colour.

I have a mystic29 and a mg29v1 hull with all bj hardware, 120ahobbywing v3 with extra caps. She
    Has a hugley flex shaft ,floating bushing and a 1950kv 3660 tp power motor and up graded water hoses this
    Boat has not seen water yet it's still too cold in Michigan to run have to wait for
    Spring.

Well went to hobby store to check out blackjack 29. Nice boat
    The ride pad in the back of boat is flater then the mystic or the mg. Like my mean machine but not as square off on the end. Giving it better stability in the corners. The hatch is Square for better taping. With lock in back
    The back and 2 peg in the front to hold it in. magnets and inner liner Gone. The graphics on the hull with the red
    Paint and graphics flawless. Inside looks more modular and better laid out. No more wood! Only draw back,
    This boat weight is more. So thsts why it says 45+ m.p.h. conclusion I buy it. Glad i waited for the v3. Hsts off
    Darin glad they listen to you!!!

Does flatter ride pads mean more bouncing? How are the edges on the ride pad like? Even and sharp? I was going to buy one from the ProBoat website, but the shipping quoted me US$238 to Australia!!! DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!! So I'd just have to wait till some ebay seller offers the BJv3 at more earthly prices.

Flatter ride pads would mean less bouncing.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Well went to hobby store to check out blackjack 29. Nice boat
    The ride pad in the back of boat is flater then the mystic or the mg. Like my mean machine but not as square off on the end. Giving it better stability in the corners. The hatch is Square for better taping. With lock in back
    The back and 2 peg in the front to hold it in. magnets and inner liner Gone. The graphics on the hull with the red
    Paint and graphics flawless. Inside looks more modular and better laid out. No more wood! Only draw back,
    This boat weight is more. So thsts why it says 45+ m.p.h. conclusion I buy it. Glad i waited for the v3. Hsts off
    Darin glad they listen to you!!!
    Wow!! This hull does look good, from the little that they show i like the interior.
    Seems to have taken a lot of input from a real boat guy---and we all know who that is!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

When someone gets one can they please post interior pics since HH & PB don't show too much of the inside... that I've seen so far...

Thx!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Here you go. I pulled the RX for something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast