Thread: Nanotech 65C with a dead cell

Default Nanotech 65C with a dead cell

just received two packs from HK and in its first charge I found out that one batt had a dead cell ...got in touch with them and returned the defective pack.....from now on just Revoelectric/Dinogys packs!Gill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Good plan!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Not a fan of Nanotech batteries. I bought 5 nanotech 3s 2200 35C batteries. After running them in my boat, they all puff. This is a RTR Joysway Offshore Infinity, so it's not pulling that many amps at all. All my cheaper batteries with same specs don't puff but all my new Nanotechs puff. Will never buy Nanotechs again.

Nanotechs are terrible Batts, I buy Zippy's and Turnigy's over them all day long and pay 40% less.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Horrible batteries, I've never run them in a boat but the 4 I bought for my heli all puffed and failed long before the stock E-Flite batts died and they are 1/3 the C rating! 20 vs 65C
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Add me to the nano hater list. Fried internally for some reason.

Watch out for Hayin packs to
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Yup I ordered 2 2s packs charged them up and my boat died a few seconds later. sent the lipo to HK and they had the lipo in there shop for 34 days before they decided I should get a replacement batt, and this is after several online chats with there customer service dept. It's now been 38 days and it still hasn't shipped out. I'm never doing business with this place again. My next lipos will be revo's from Keith.
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    Yup I ordered 2 2s packs charged them up and my boat died a few seconds later. sent the lipo to HK and they had the lipo in there shop for 34 days before they decided I should get a replacement batt, and this is after several online chats with there customer service dept. It's now been 38 days and it still hasn't shipped out. I'm never doing business with this place again. My next lipos will be revo's from Keith.
    Keith ??
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I've been dealing with Vincent from Revo ,a nice guy, and his batts are first class......speeds have improved and zero puff! Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    I've been dealing with Vincent from Revo ,a nice guy, and his batts are first class......speeds have improved and zero puff! Gill
    No doubt in my mind that revo packs are the best.....and they are cheap!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Prices do look really good

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    hopefully they will last a decent amount of time.

Hope so too...just bought 6 more 6S 60C packs yesterday for friends and seems Revo is gettin popular here too!
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

My replacement nano just showed up today. Thanks HOBBY KING for taking care of your customers. 2 months to receive a replacement lipo for one that was dead upon arrival.

My replacement nano just showed up today. Thanks HOBBY KING for taking care of your customers. 2 months to receive a replacement lipo for one that was dead upon arrival.
    Cool man!

Yeah, only 2 months, you probably made two car payments, cut your grass a few times, got a haircut and slept about 60 times...............................LOL
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Glad to hear your issue is solved...I hope to have the same luck with HK but honestly I won't buy anymore nano batts.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

2 months? That's it? Took them like 4 months to figure out I had an order I paid for they never sent...so your doing good! Hobby king won't get my money anymore.

My opinion. .. hobby king = fail

I had to do that live chat thing several times. It seems like everytime I could complain my RMA rec would move another step. If you're claim is just sitting there I strongly recommend getting on that live chat and let them have it. If you don't get the answer you like wait 10 minutes then sign back in and you'll get a new person. Just keep doing that over and over.

I had to do that live chat thing several times. It seems like everytime I could complain my RMA rec would move another step. If you're claim is just sitting there I strongly recommend getting on that live chat and let them have it. If you don't get the answer you like wait 10 minutes then sign back in and you'll get a new person. Just keep doing that over and over.
    sounds like alot of work to get them to do the right thing. lol
    they dont have anything i need.....

Revolectrix is way better to deal with, pm'd revojohn with an issue and got a response within the hour, and a really good outcome from them. I'll post more on this on the Revolectrix thread soon.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Yup Hobby King are a bunch of loosers , they don't want you to file a claim until after 45 days so PayPal doesn't have to reimburse. Paypal still got my money back for my lost shipment. Yay PayPal , boo HK , PayPal said I wouldn't believe how many claims they reimburse through HK a year.