Thread: Radio / Receiver for Mini ECO

Question Radio / Receiver for Mini ECO

Looking at getting another inexpensive radio for a mini ECO. I was thinking about getting a Tactic since the receiver doesn't need an external antenna. I have one in a Motley Crew and it seems to work well. I also have a spektrum in another boat. I like the water proof receiver but I don't like the fact it has two antennas.

Are there better systems in the same price range I should be looking at? Will the Tactic work in if I want to put it in a CF hull?

Recommendations appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tab
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.
    PB BlackJack 29 / AQ Motley Crew / Tenshock Mini ECO / Phil Thomas Stealth

Best not to use the Tactic in a CF hull, that radio works with FG hull but the range is not as great as the Spektrum with their antenna set up per the instruction.
    With the Spektrum, only one antenna needs to stick out, there are people who thread both antennas thru the same tube with great results but it is not a must.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Thanks. Not sure if I will go CF or not but I would like the option. I need to research some other brands too.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.

I have a white Mini Eco and although I haven't run it in two years, if i remember correctly I do have the Tactic, but it is not a CF hull, my Starship Outrigger is CF, so I didn't even attempt to use the Tactic, I used an AirTronic that I saw on sale at Hobby People, works great and the prize was good too, problem is that I couldn't find just the receiver for that. ( I bought that as a set). I bought one of their receivers but it won't bind with the tx despite the fact that they say it will work. So now that radio is only for one boat. lol...
    I bought the predecessor to this one:http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...fh2-radio.html
    If you can find the rx that comes in the box as a stand-alone- unit, then it is a good deal because you can just buy more receivers to bind to that Tx. I wasn't able to do that , may be I didn't try hard enough.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

That looks like a good combo. I have an older Airtronic in a truck and it has always worked well.

I may just pick up another MR200 receiver for now. If I switch it out later for something else I will have a back up.

Look for a DX2E radio. It's a base radio that's included in many surface RTR kits. There seems be quite a few available BNIB but 2nd hand.

I have a DX2E now and may pick up another. Right now I may just pick up another receiver so I can get the new boat in the water. I have never had to bind the transmitter to another receiver before. I am hoping is as painless as it looks in the manual cuz I don't want to be messing with rebinding a receiver for 10 minutes every time I change boats.

Your best bet is to start looking for something like the DX3S which can bind to 10 different receivers.
    Last edited by rickwess; 10-17-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Definitely gonna upgrade the transmitter then.