Thread: It's a sickness....I was OK for a while....but.....

Default It's a sickness....I was OK for a while....but.....

.....it's starting to take over my brain again. I was able to take a break from the RC boat sickness for a while, my boats were nice decorations in my house and now they are getting upgrades, builds getting finished, etc....

Now I am considering another build just so my wife can have another thing to shake her head at me about. LOL

After being out of the RC boat scene for a number of years and coming back to see those TFL scale Merc outdrives I have been wanting to build another boat just so I can use those drives. The thing that stopped me was OSE was out of stock for a long time. Now Steve has a bunch and I'm having a hard time.....LOL.

My idea was this....the Aeromarine Challenger 31 and a pair of the TFL drives. The Aeromarine Challenger 31 is the hull I used to make my scale Scarab Sport which replicates the exact boat I owned at the time which is a 1990's model Scarab Sport 302 which is a center console twin outboard version of the so now I think I want to make a scale Scarab.

This is the inboard (stern drive) version of the Scarab Sport. Wellcraft used the same hull mold for the center console and inboard version so why not use the same hull as I did for my center console RC Scarab?

And it looks like someone already did it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hgnflUyD4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the twin TFL drives run nice on the Challenger 31 hull. This guy just needs some trim tabs and drive trim adjustments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ihQMKc3rU

Ha ha....resistance is futile.
    Don't ask me how I know.

Also known as B.A.S - Boat Acquisition Syndrome

Ha ha....resistance is futile.
    The funny thing is...I ordered the T shirt a few days ago in recognition of that very sickness.

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.u2.jpg