Morning everybody ,

This was posted by Rob Johnson on the r/c boat page on Facebook. I thought I would pass the message along as fall is upon us. Thanks

Just thought that I would put this out there as a public service announcement and a reminder to you all to practice safe boat retrieval methods if you break down in the water.
On Saturday, my dear cousin Isaac passed away after swimming out to retrieve his stalled boat in a pond. The water was cold, something went wrong and he never made it back. He was a good swimmer, a former surfer, had swam in the same pond to pull boats out but something happened on Saturday and he left us unexpectedly. He leaves behind a wife and 2 kids and it's been extremely tough on all of us.
Please, if you are taking your boat out, have a back up plan for getting it if it gets stuck. Now that this has happened, I have read of many other instances just like this one. Have a blow up raft, a life preserver or some type of floating device with you so that you know for sure that you'll make it back to shore. Sorry for the glum story, may you all be safe out there!