Thread: Super vee 27r

Default Super vee 27r

I have the opportunity to buy a super vee 27r for $100. It needs batteries.

One of the uses would be to carry bait out thru the surf. I am concerned that it may turnover and I won’t be able to retrieve it. I was thinking that I could, when using it to carry bait in rough water, to temporarily add boyancy sealed tubes to the top of the boat that should roll the boat upright. This would accomplish the same thing as the “black water” type capsule that I have seen on the internet.

I would appreciate all comments.

Bill Braun

r/c boats and surf don,t really mix very well due to the power of a wave and the lightness of the small model. the idea is there but you could have all sorts of issues trying to get the boat with the bait out and over the last wave. try a Drone.

Thank you. Just looking at options. I have a PS3 and a compressed air bait launcher. Traveling to A Mexican beach in March and looking at options that I can carry on the plane. Also considering a fishing kite.

Bill

Not sure where, but there exists a hatch designed to make the sv27 self right.
    I've run one of my boats in the surf at galveston and it was a total blast.
    Watch out for getting the line tangled in the prop.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

As Jesse mentioned there is an optional hatch that has a bigger dome that will make the boat self righting. The hatch is a bit odd looking but the extra weight will make the boat work on the beach much better. I don't remember if it was here or on RCgroups but you should post on the wanting to buy section that your looking for the self righting hatch for a SV27. Also there is a fishing hookup that you can install on the boat. I think the problem you might encounter is if you hook up on a big fish as you know you never know what you'll catch in the ocean. But I've ran boats on the beach and as Jesse mentioned it is a total blast.. . .jumping waves after waves and when it flips it comes back to you by the waves. Good luck and have fun.

An empty coke bottle and some duct tape is pretty ugly, but will make most monos self right quickly, easily, and cheaply.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.