Thread: a new way to waterproof a receiver

Default a new way to waterproof a receiver

I found a cool way to waterproof my receivers. I thought this up yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and try it. So...

I took the circuit board out of the case. Removed the decal. Drilled a hole in the top of the case.

Then I sprayed the inside of the case with mold release agent. Big piece of heat shink over the plug pins. Put the circuit board back in. Taped up the sides so the epoxy does not run out. Then poured epoxy in the hole. It turned out pretty decent. This was an experiment on a bad receiver. Now I know what better to do. Drill smaller hole and use a hobby syringe to force epoxy in to fill all voids. I'll be doing another one the better way soon.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

i know it doesnt look so good in the pics....it doesnt look half bad in person....but this is my first attempt to see if it worked. next effort will look much better.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was