Thread: UL-1 superior constantly is reseting

Default UL-1 superior constantly is reseting

When the boat is not in the water I can hit the throttle and it never cuts out on me. Once I set it in the water I can do one short pass then it stops, the speed control is reseting (I can hear it beeping) then it takes off again. It does this about 4 or 5 times then it stops completely other than steering. I then have to swim out and get it... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Has it always done this or did it just start this type of behavior? It could be the cap that went bad, but it's hard to tell at this point.

On a side note; PLEASE DON'T GO SWIMMING FOR A BOAT. This has covered before, loved ones have been lost when swimming for a boat. Your life is not worth the price of a toy boat! I used a tennis ball on the end of a fishing reel. Throw the ball out there and slowly real the boat in when the tennis ball "catches" the hull.

Later,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Has it always done this or did it just start this type of behavior? It could be the cap that went bad, but it's hard to tell at this point.

On a side note; PLEASE DON'T GO SWIMMING FOR A BOAT. This has covered before, loved ones have been lost when swimming for a boat. Your life is not worth the price of a toy boat! I used a tennis ball on the end of a fishing reel. Throw the ball out there and slowly real the boat in when the tennis ball "catches" the hull.

Later,
    Mike
    I bought it used off of craigslist. I has done this since day one of me owning it.

My first guess is the capacitor is bad on the controller, but it seems odd that it wants you to re-arm the controller. Do you have any other boaters around that has a different controller to try. This will help narrow down the faulty item.

Is the boat still using the stock Tactic radio?
    What batteries are you using and are you SURE they were fully charged
    What prop are you running on the boat.

Later,
    Mike

I am running the stock radio. The batteries are new. Im running the stock prop on the boat. I tried using a different radio and receiver.

Things to check are the throttle reverse. Make sure it's set to reverse and the trim for that channel is all the way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Its a bad capacitor on the ESC...had the same thing happen on a few of my 60 amp AQ ESC's...add another cap and it will be fine.

Ill try replacing the cap. Thanks

What size cap?

I would recommend utilizing the search tool. There are MANY threads already discussing extra caps on all controllers. Specifically to the UL-1 speedo there are several also... Below are are a couple links of several.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...highlight=caps

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...odded-ul-1-esc

Oh, and Steven here on OSE has several to choose from http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...ories+%26+More

Later,
    Mike