Thread: TP 3630 1950 Test Reports

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking TP 3630 1950 Test Reports

Ran a Limited Mono and Limited Tunnel this weekend. I don't do data logging as I do the temperature gun thing. I had the timing at 7.5 for both set ups. Too high. As I moved the timing up all I got was about 10 more degrees of heat per time. I'll be moving all my set ups to 0 - 3.25.

Our race was water was cold and rough on Saturday. Hard to get a real accurate read. On Sunday we raced and the conditions were better. I would say the TP motor performance was dead on the same as the AQ2030. My boats ran exactly the same as they have been.

On Saturday I put a 447 on my Mono and run 7 laps. The boat was slow and the motor came back 145 degrees. A simple and quick check to see where the breaking point may be. The motor smelled worked, but otherwise survived in great condition. Might be, because it has real wires in it and not sewing thread.

We did run a Sport Hydro with the TP and data logging but was battling a turn fin and handling issues with it, so no data we can count on.

We will be going back to the pond in a couple weeks to run data logging to get some hard data.

Please post here your findings.

Later - Doug
    Last edited by DPeterson; 10-05-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com