Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TP 3630 1950 Test Reports

I noticed Doby could hold more speed in the corners than I yesterday. I run a fairly old 2030 UL-1 motor and he had the TP-1950 motor. I run a PTSS and he had his Popeye, I know two totally different boats. He ran a M445 I think and I ran a grimm 42-55.

We use the same Cheepo Turnigy 120 brick esc. His esc was dead cold running at 0* timing for the TP and mine was warm at 10* timing for the UL-1.

It was a very cool day with lots of wind. The course is a bit short too but, good enough for rough testing.

I think I'll try one of these motors if Doug does another round. I'm starting to like D winds at 0 timing. Of course I'd also like to try the new PB 2000kv motor too.

Going to have to wait until there is warmer water in my area before I can beat up any equipment, next year.... It's up to those down south and the west coast to do more testing this year.

If I build a GP265 I may make it dual purpose for LSH and N2 Sport Hydro and I'll try the PB motor in the smaller hull higher KV smaller prop.... Sponsons are done framing... lol..
    Nortavlag Bulc

Doby had his Popeye hydro out Saturday was another windy day at the pond but we did get a run with the eagle tree here are the logs for amp,gps,volts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    :canada

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Thank you for the easy to understand chart, it is perfect for someone like me, sometimes the graph is hard to read and understand.
    No problem. I find it easier too. FYI... Here is how I interpret the Eagle tree wave charts...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    No problem. I find it easier too. FYI... Here is how I interpret the Eagle tree wave charts...

Thank you very much for going the extra mile posting this, I appreciate your walking me through this. So the way I see it is that the moment you exit the corner and begin to accelerate, the amp is at the peak? I understand one has to slow down for the turn, but the amp is climbing thru the slowing down?
    Sorry for the dumb question
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Thanks again Sean for the detailed Eagle tree data. Going to have to get mine set up.

Ran my P-Limited Mono again all day. Used a gps to check out some various props. It is nice that I can again run the props I used to run before the melt down virus struck the 2030's.

And it seems that with this TP motor being stronger, when you put too much prop on it, the boat slows. It's like having a govener rather than a fuse. Never could understand the motor fuse thing.

Got a draft, one page rule set for us Midwest racers ready. I'll be having some conversations with some other clubs in the next week and then plan on another volume order. I'll start another thread for this.
    Last edited by DPeterson; 10-28-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Thank you very much for going the extra mile posting this, I appreciate your walking me through this. So the way I see it is that the moment you exit the corner and begin to accelerate, the amp is at the peak? I understand one has to slow down for the turn, but the amp is climbing thru the slowing down?
    Sorry for the dumb question
    This chart was for my sport hydro plane. I kept the throttle pegged the entire time, so there was no slowing down for turns. The peak amps would indicate the apex of the turn.

Wow Sean. Nice job! You're still running the Whip20, right?

Incredible decrease in corner speed there. Running the pins tight?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    What do your logs show? 10-15 mph drop seems right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Wow Sean. Nice job! You're still running the Whip20, right?
    Yeppers. I'll have a version 2 out this spring ;-) Perhaps Ducati Yellow this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    The Ltd motor class, when propped for best straightaway speed lags the oomph to stay at top rpm pulling turns.

Sean hunting down Dave who holds lane one but nearly gets him at the finish :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C09_7HmMqw
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    The Ltd motor class, when propped for best straightaway speed lags the oomph to stay at top rpm pulling turns.

Sean hunting down Dave who holds lane one but nearly gets him at the finish :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C09_7HmMqw
    Good point. ....and I love that race BTW. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've probably watched it 10 times now!!

Here's another of Sean's boat in full P trim. The turn at 54s is beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmv...zpxo6RQFKo3N8A

Funny how a memory captured like that means a whole lot more than any trophy. Thanks for capturing those, and sharing them with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    This chart was for my sport hydro plane. I kept the throttle pegged the entire time, so there was no slowing down for turns. The peak amps would indicate the apex of the turn.
    Got it! Thanks, that is something good for me to learn!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123