Thread: wath means wen only the wires and bateries hot and the motor e esc continuous cold

Default wath means wen only the wires and bateries hot and the motor e esc continuous cold

hi mi name is joselindo im new here i dont find the presentencion blog, so i have my rc genesis with a leopard 4092 1730kv and a turnigy 180A with two 3s lipo 4.400 65C and 45 propler and the motor stays cold and the esc too ist only the wire warm up and a litle of the bateries can someone tell me why? tanks in advance

Bad solder joints most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

tanks i will try make a new solder for test again tanks a lot

Well it's just my guess.
    Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

i will try

If you only have (2)x 3s/4400mah, it sounds like you are a bit low on battery power/capacity. That is a big motor, running pretty high rpms, that sounds like a high demand for 6s/4400mah.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    If you only have (2)x 3s/4400mah, it sounds like you are a bit low on battery power/capacity. That is a big motor, running pretty high rpms, that sounds like a high demand for 6s/4400mah.
    hi, i use 2 bat 3s 4.4mha 65c nanotech bateries in serie, so did you mean i need use 2 bat 6s in parallel ? tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joselindo Oliveira View Post
    hi, i use 2 bat 3s 4.4mha 65c nanotech bateries in serie, so did you mean i need use 2 bat 6s in parallel ? tanks
    You don't HAVE to, but I personally think it would be a lot better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

i will try with 2 bat 3s 8400mha in seires and with 2 bat 6s 5000 in parallel for the next weekend and i post here waths appens, tanks

You could post a picture of your setup and it may help. What prop? what connectors?

IMG_2053[1].jpgIMG_2055[1].jpgIMG_2056[1].jpgthis my genesis with turnigy 180A and 2 3s bat in series and prop octura m445

What guage are your ESC motor wires? What type of connectors do you have, they need to need 5.5mm gold minimum.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

If wires keep getting hot, you could upgrade to bullets for batt connectors, and shorten the motor wires on the esc, (not the ones on the motor). Also, you should turn the cooling jacket so the water comes out at the very top of the motor, so the jacket fills ftom the bottom and purges all the air out.

in motor is Leopard 6.0mm male bullet plugs but in my bateries i have 4mm and the esc wires is 10 awg and the motor wire is the original wire i gess the same size

Good eye Kevin, he needs to turn the jacket so that the nipple is on top on the rear end of the motor.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Wires seem big enough, your 4mm bullets need to go away and change out for 6mm to match the others.

its a good idea for all my boats turn all jacket with the rigth size to help water get out

i will change the 4mm bulets, its just the wires get hot not the motor and not the esc, this is the first time in one boat of mine

Based on the picture you posted it looks like you can cut off about 3 inches of ESC wire. Cut them as short as possible where they will still hook up obviously.

But do not cut the wires from the motor itself. It can be done, but you would have to treat the new ends to remove the clear lamination.

And yes, you should turn all water jackets so the water comes out the highest spot. It will mostly help with motor cooling, but may help with wire temps s bit too.

hi guys this is the photos from new change with the wires ( i have try to change the direccion of the motor cooling but its very sealed)IMG_2108.jpg

and the wires not so warm up, tanks guys for the help

Nice job, that looks much better! You should be able to rotate the cooling jacket around the motor, you could spray a little WD40 at the ends to loosen the O-rings up a bit, personally I would make sure it goes the way we described, even if you have to rotate the whole motor to another set of mounting holes.

Looks great, now try the 8400 batts and the 6s batts in parallel, should pick up more speed and run cooler still.