Thread: Planeing Issues

Default Planeing Issues

My Spartan is basically stock. Im running the Traxxas 25c 11.1v Li Po 5000 batteries that came with boat. First time out, i couldn't go over 3/4 throttle without the front lifting and bouncing so much I thought it was going to flip, batteries are all the way forward. I added the Traxxas Trim Tab adjusters, next time out it was better but couldn't get run it at full throttle without the same issue.
    I have the adjuster screws all the way down. I thought about buying the after market adjustable type, but I don't want to spent $50 and not help the problem. Any ideas anyone?

Batts "all the way forward" doesnt really mean much, you need to have your cog at about 28-30% from transom. That would mean it needs to balance on your fingers at around 10.25-10,75 inches from the transom. Try that, what is it at now?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

It balanced at about 10.50 without the batteries.

Without the batteries means nothing. Please tell us the CG with the boat all ready to run - batteries in place, hatch on, etc. Then we can help you.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

With the batteries in the tray and all the way forward the COG is about 10.25 or slightly less

I had a friend with the same issue, he had to move the batts way forward, try moving them up a hair more and add some positive to your strut/stinger. Lowering the prop into the water further, heck its been a while since I have been on here so i hope im right in the terminology "positive", someone correct my wording if not.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Will try to lower it a bit and try again in a few days. Just want one perfect run before it gets too cold
    Last edited by Xcessive Carts; 10-07-2014 at 06:52 PM.

I grew up in Michigan, is it really gonna be cold soon............cant remember that...........in early October? I run year round, even in 35 degrees, keeps the boats real cool.

I moved the strut down a couple degrees, now i just need to get out and try it again. My instruction sheet shows nothing about adjusting the strut. But after beeing on a few forums and talkiing to Traxxas today, everyone agrees that this is the next step to try. traxxas said if that doesnt work,they may want the boat shipped back to them. Hopefully I dont have to go to that extreme.

Tried it at pond again with the above adjustments. Torque Roll was BAD. Raised the tabs a bit, after a few minutes of running, I couldnt get it up to full speed long enough to see if the planing was any better, but I believe it was, the boat did about 3 barrel rolls,blew the hatch off and landed perfectly. Brought it in, and was done for the day.
    Called Traxxas back, they are having UPS pick it up and when they get it back, they will find the problem, readjust everything to make it run perfect. Then ship it back Free Of Charge. Cant argue with that deal.