Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The NEW Proboat motor and ESC?

No Darin the new boat with the 2000kv what props and were strut set?

Anyone know if this would be a good esc upgrade for the stock esc on the impulse v2? I want to run 6s on my boat with stock prop.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    No Darin the new boat with the 2000kv what props and were strut set?
    OOpps... sorry... didn't read carefully enough.

I actually haven't played with this boat much. Just a couple of runs at the Pro Boat headquarters last fall.

I tinkered with their boat a bit and would just set the strut like all the others: Boat flat on a table, loosen the strut, put a 1/16" shim under it, and push it down flat against the shim and tighten. That seems to be a good place to start.

The stock prop is essentially just a Prather 215. If you have a PREPPED version of that, use it to start. You'll realize about a 3mph increase over the stock one.

If I recall correctly, a 440/3 was fun on 6S.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks Darin , will try that. For the record I run a 2030 and a Prather 220 on my mystic 29.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Thanks Darin , will try that. For the record I run a 2030 and a Prather 220 on my mystic 29.
    Just as a point of reference, testing showed that the new V3 hull (it IS considerably different, just in subtle ways), is about 1.5mph faster out of the box than the V2 version, all else being equal. It's simply turning the same prop faster...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    OOpps... sorry... didn't read carefully enough.

I actually haven't played with this boat much. Just a couple of runs at the Pro Boat headquarters last fall.

I tinkered with their boat a bit and would just set the strut like all the others: Boat flat on a table, loosen the strut, put a 1/16" shim under it, and push it down flat against the shim and tighten. That seems to be a good place to start.

The stock prop is essentially just a Prather 215. If you have a PREPPED version of that, use it to start. You'll realize about a 3mph increase over the stock one.

If I recall correctly, a 440/3 was fun on 6S.

Don't mean to just jump in on this convo but I just got a bj29 v3 for Christmas
    Trying to learn what I can about it and how to tune it the best
    Should I try a 440/3 on this ?
    What's the benefit of three blade prop?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234