Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW Proboat motor and ESC?

Default The NEW Proboat motor and ESC?

Interesting stuff on the Dynamite RC site. New marine motors and 120A ESC with 5.5mm motor bullets and EC5 connectors.

Holy crap.150.00us for a 120a esc,A bit spendy if u ask me. A hobbywing 120 can be had for less than half that and they are great.

now to get them listed in spec motor section of namba rule book lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

since the motor is available in a rtr , would that not
    be covered under the spec rule now ?

Take it back, it's a 6 pole motor but, the esc????
    Nortavlag Bulc

No pic of esc, guessing it's a water cooled car esc. Seems to be the trend. Is the motor a re branded castle or leo.?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Motor is neither since it is 6 poles but, may come from a Castle or Leo factory. Speculation at this time. ESC is most likely a HobbyWing Seaking type since the Black Jack 24 uses a Seaking 30 amp esc., again speculation or extrapolation on my part from what I've seen so far...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Motor is neither since it is 6 poles but, may come from a Castle or Leo factory. Speculation at this time. ESC is most likely a HobbyWing Seaking type since the Black Jack 24 uses a Seaking 30 amp esc., again speculation or extrapolation on my part from what I've seen so far...
    All of the P-LTD motors are 6-Pole motors... The new 2000-KV is as well... AND, it's a TRUE 2000KV... not 1865-1875 that the "2030" AQ is, so you have to TREAT it like it's a 2000KV motor. It doesn't like the same props as the AQ, is what I'm trying to say here.

The ESC is very similar to the Dynamite Buggy ESCs, as shown here, but with water cooling and I believe at least a 6S capability. Very smooth, big wires, programmable, water-"proof", etc... Hopefully they will get a picture of the real thing up soon, but this Buggy ESC at least gives you an idea of the form-factor for this new ESC.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...ct-1-8-dyn4955

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by revoltrunner View Post
    since the motor is available in a rtr , would that not
    be covered under the spec rule now ?
    Unless you guys have seen Pro Boat announce something in the past 20-minutes, I don't think this motor actually comes in anything yet.

I suspect that it will...

Wow bigger esc + bigger motor = bigger more stable cat..blackjack perhaps wish wish wish...

Oh fiberglass hatch to wish..

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Wow bigger esc + bigger motor = bigger more stable cat..blackjack perhaps wish wish wish...
    It's NOT a bigger motor... it's a standard 36-56 sized motor, same as the current PB and AQ P-LTD motors...

As for the rest of it... we'll just have so wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    Oh fiberglass hatch to wish..
    Just keep in mind that all that additional "stout-ness" comes at a weight penalty... especially in a RTR (re: Low-Cost Chinese Fiberglass layup)...

this ought to be a good motor as soon as pb puts it in a hull and all that stuff...thanks for the info...any idear how it compares to the dynamite 1500 I put in my 10th scales? more torque might roll it over on the start lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Unless you guys have seen Pro Boat announce something in the past 20-minutes, I don't think this motor actually comes in anything yet.

I suspect that it will...
    Darin , I thought it was the motor in the new shockwave 26.

Shock wave is a 3s boat and has a motor kv appropriate for that voltage

All of the P-LTD motors are 6-Pole motors... The new 2000-KV is as well... AND, it's a TRUE 2000KV... not 1865-1875 that the "2030" AQ is, so you have to TREAT it like it's a 2000KV motor. It doesn't like the same props as the AQ, is what I'm trying to say here.

]
    If you read this again, ray is saying the motor isn't a castle or leopard because if it was it would be a 4pole motor. Because it is 6 pole we can deduce that it is not a leopard or castle motor.

Quote Originally Posted by revoltrunner View Post
    Darin , I thought it was the motor in the new shockwave 26.
    Shockwave 26 Motor: 3650 4 Pole Brushless Marine Motor 2000kv [DYNM3900]
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNM3900

Topic Motor of this thread: 3660 6 Pole Brushless Marine Motor 2000kv (DYNM3910]
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNM3910

I was playing guessing games until Darin came out with the real info. I do that with new products and I'm right sometimes and wrong sometimes too.

The ESC in the BJ24 is a Seaking 30 though as you can see in this picture.

I wonder if they will come out with a BJ34... that would be a cool thing All great stuff from PB.

Thanks Darin!

This is from PB's website, it's the same as the Seaking 30 I have here....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Shockwave 26 Motor: 3650 4 Pole Brushless Marine Motor 2000kv [DYNM3900]
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNM3900

Topic Motor of this thread: 3660 6 Pole Brushless Marine Motor 2000kv (DYNM3910]
    http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNM3910
    Holy smokes! That second motor is rated for up to 6s!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Sorry ,got a glass hatch for my mystic was starting a collection
    Of cracked ones... That 3660 2000 kv would make it run good. Wonder if it is a wey or delta wind
    Had the same question with my proboat motor but tecs.at horizon could not
    Answer that, they said they did not have that info.

Well, if the 3660 ends up in the Blackjack that should be just the type of grenade to the spec I expected. 61mm is over the 5% tolerance but being mass produced would force NAMBA to consider it........... I guess.

So Horizon is still hooked up with Dynamite but Proboat isn't? Weird. Has the left hand ever met the right hand? haha

I like the way the wires are secured coming out of the can. Should cut down on mechanical failure. Although, the only way I've been able to harm the 1800's I have is with a huge prop.
    Noisy person

If its not gold, then it won't be approved

I don't think it's actually 60mm... the title on the Horizon site says "3650"...

I'll try to remember to double-check when I get home. I have a couple of them already.

But, by all means, go into a total speculative panic with a minimal amount of information. Makes the day more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Well, if the 3660 ends up in the Blackjack that should be just the type of grenade to the spec I expected. 61mm is over the 5% tolerance but being mass produced would force NAMBA to consider it........... I guess.
    I don't know or really care what NAMBA is or isn't going to do with this. It's out of my control, and I have more interesting and fun things to concern myself with at the moment.

I believe that the can is 56mm, but the thickness of the end-bells make it 60.6mm overall length. As you can see from the picture, the end-bells are about 3mm thick each end. If you take it apart, (I have), you'll find that the internals are similar to the other approved motors, dimensionally speaking. The extra can length is being used for the joints of the real wire attaching to the windings, just like they do in the car motors.

But, specs are specs... And the competitive advantage of that extra thickness at the end-bells is certainly a reason NOT to approve it... right? (tongue firmly in cheek!)

Oh, and it's not gold...
    Last edited by Darin Jordan; 10-06-2014 at 02:01 PM.

My thinking was on a 4s setup,

So wye or delta?

But, by all means, go into a total speculative panic with a minimal amount of information. Makes the day more interesting...
    Sorry Darin. All I had to go on was the data sheet you posted that showed the OA length at 61mm. However, it doesn't really matter what the length is. I keep forgetting that. It can be 100mm. What it can't be is 5% more of
    "Kv, maximum constant amperage rating, mass, and MSRP." 4 things. Some of which were never available on the some of the original motors listed so not sure how enforceable it ever was. Turns out size doesn't matter............

As for approval. Any CD can approve it at any given event. Getting it added to the "official" list is a different animal.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Sorry Darin. All I had to go on was the data sheet you posted that showed the OA length at 61mm. However, it doesn't really matter what the length is. I keep forgetting that. It can be 100mm. What it can't be is 5% more of
    "Kv, maximum constant amperage rating, mass, and MSRP." 4 things. Some of which were never available on the some of the original motors listed so not sure how enforceable it ever was. Turns out size doesn't matter............

As for approval. Any CD can approve it at any given event. Getting it added to the "official" list is a different animal.
    I was just playin' with you, Terry my friend! No worries...

Like I said... I'm not going to concern myself with the specs, the rules, what is and isn't approved, etc... at this point. I had no say in this motor design, replacement, or anything else, for that matter. I DID test a couple of them, but that's it. What happens from this point is out of my hands.

If they come in a RTR designed around a 4S system, then should they be an approved motor? Perhaps. They shouldn't receive any more consideration, however, than ANY other RTR motor package out there. The rules are the rules and, to the extent that they can be taken, they should be followed, or changed. Ignoring them shouldn't be on the option list.

Now... if there is gray, then we (NAMBA), have an issue that needs to be worked out.

Either way, I'm not going to stress over it. I'd like to see this thing keep going, but don't want to get all bunched up over it.

6s?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast