Thread: Hobby Kings Awesome Soldering Jig!!!

Default Hobby Kings Awesome Soldering Jig!!!

Every now & again you come across a handy tool for r/c.

This one I saw the other day while I was looking on the H/K site when placing a order and was cheap enough to give it I go I thought. Up to now I have got past all these years or many years with a pair of long nose pliers and a rubber band as my Dean connector jig BUT this blows everthing away yet so simple.

It holds wires for you when you are tinning them in solder, Holdes male & female Deans connectors as well as 5.5 mm Bullets for bigger packs like 4S & 6S packs. Made out of Carbon fiber and has a strong sliding spring plates to grip them.

I just did these 2 new 4200 batteries and was a breeze. Care still needs to taken but so much easier.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=46741

I've got a couple of those, ya gotta watch cause those aluminum posts come loose and strip the holes. This is the best and handiest jig I've ever had. http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Jigs-Up-...item43cfd5db5e

Well I be Dame .

If I have problems with this I might purchase that one but post will expensive with international freight I say.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Racer View Post
    Well I be Dame .

If I have problems with this I might purchase that one but post will expensive with international freight I say.

Thanks
    You might check around there, you might find it local. Check Ebay Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    I've got a couple of those, ya gotta watch cause those aluminum posts come loose and strip the holes. This is the best and handiest jig I've ever had. http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Jigs-Up-...item43cfd5db5e
    Wow!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

We had a jigs up in the shop I used to work at. Awesome little helper, a set of helping hands plus a jigs up and you will find soldering so much easy

A few pennies or less gets you a jig that you just add weight to
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Default Hobby Kings Awesome Soldering Jig!!!

I suck at soldering... but When I atempted to solder I bought a Jigs up. Seemed to work for someone who knows what they are doing...lol
    Last edited by Spartanator; 10-06-2014 at 07:08 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)