Thread: New Seakinmg 120 ESC

Default New Seaking 120 ESC

I just ordered a new Seaking 120 amp esc, It is replacing an old Seaking V1 or 2 120 amp esc. My question is on the old esc I ran a separate battery pack and did not use the bec, I run 5S should I do the same on the V3 esc or is it safe to use the BEC?
    Last edited by MORIDE; 10-03-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: misspelled word

I used the bec on the v1 esc on 5s. Not sure why you ran a pack to begin with. Bec is fine to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

there are lots of old post regarding bypassing the ESC BEC if using any more than 4S on the older ESC's.

i dunno man, I've seen those same posts... i always used the built in bec without ANY issues
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

With the new HW esc's the BEC is a UBEC in the 120 and 180 versions and are pretty good to use but, the 60 amp and 30 amp are Linear BEC that I would not use.

To each his own, sometimes I run a RX pack and sometimes I don't. Spec boats no, modded boats yes.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I've always used the BEC even on 6s. That's what they're there for.
    Those old posts mainly referred to ESC's with linear regulators . Most ESC's these days use the Switching Mode regulators which can switch higher voltages with much smaller losses.

Ray.
    Just as a matter of interest. Where did you see that their smaller ESC's still used the linear mode regulators? I assumed that they used switch mode too. Although I've never used one of those ESC's.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

It's right in the specs http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...30a-v3&cat=123

Specification

Continuous Current: 30A
    Peak Current: 180A
    Input: 2-3S Lipo
    BEC Type: Linear Mode
    BEC Output: 6V/1A
    Should be fine though; I've got a 30amp unit to repair a boat that did not need it so, I'll use it for when I ever put my HK podracer together...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I think that if you use a external BEC it will provide cooler temps... I think... My SK180V3 runs ok with an external BEC. Up to you. If it was up to me then I would put a cap pack and BEC on it to be extra safe. Also depends what your using it in.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)