Thread: Stock Strut BJ29

Default Stock Strut BJ29

All, the stock strut comes with brass bushings,has anyone pressed them out and replaced with lead teflon bushings?? Mods to the brass ones?? replacing brass bushings an option ?correct o.d. lead teflons available? or just go ahead and get OSE upgrade strut ??
    Thanks

I upgraded to OSE strut and shaft, been running my BJ for 7 months with no problem.

RC,I have the new cable and flex-hex on the way already.Was just wondering if anyone has worked the stock strut or didn't bother,and just went with the OSE strut upgrade.Thanks.
    Anyone re-work the stock strut??

Quote Originally Posted by DRMead View Post
    All, the stock strut comes with brass bushings,has anyone pressed them out and replaced with lead teflon bushings?? Mods to the brass ones?? replacing brass bushings an option ?correct o.d. lead teflons available? or just go ahead and get OSE upgrade strut ??
    Thanks
    Hi
    You can check this thread for the Miss Geico Strut
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ss-geico-strut
    I belieave the struts are similar.

FYI, Octura LEad teflon bushings DO NOT fit this strut. If you expand them to stay in the strut, then the stub is loose and floppy. Better to go with new strut imo.
    Kintec sells a mod upgrade insert but, you can get a whole new strut for almost the same price and have something rebuildable when needed with standard parts.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    FYI, Octura LEad teflon bushings DO NOT fit this strut. If you expand them to stay in the strut, then the stub is loose and floppy. Better to go with new strut imo.
    Kintec sells a mod upgrade insert but, you can get a whole new strut for almost the same price and have something rebuildable when needed with standard parts.
    Ray,Thanks a bunch.Greatly appreciated.This is the info I was looking for. I do have an OSE upgrade strut on the way.