Thread: 4-40 link steering mod...

Default 4-40 link steering mod...

I finally got around to upgrading my steering in the Stiletto. I've read about people doing this and figured I'd give it a try, so I took some 4-40 rod, quick links, swivels, and a WP TRX servo and this is what I came up with.

IMG_0808[1].jpgIMG_0809[1].jpgIMG_0810[1].jpgIMG_0889[1].jpg

Looks pretty solid!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks! It works really well.

Why would anyone want to do this? Now you get to battle getting the battery in past solid rods?

Seems like a downgrade to me. Especially after you crash it once or twice. Or have to adjust the outboard height.

Hopefully it works out for you.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin,

First off, this boat is awesome! I was just having trouble and getting tired of adjusting the cables after every run, and actually the rods are long enough that there's just enough flex in them to slide a 4s pack in and out without bending anything. It's easily removable if I ever wanted to go back to the pull-pull, but I seem to like it so far. I shot a bench test video but I'll have to load it to YouTube or something so I can post it. No binding, just a little rub on the Tupperware lid, but the cables did that anyway. If I have to move the outboard down, I can flip the servo-side quick links, so the rods are on top of the horn, I guess....Haven't got that far into testing yet.

Once again I love the boat!

Thanks,
    Chad
    Last edited by FORT-26; 09-29-2014 at 12:01 AM.

I like the rods. they shoud knock the slack out. Where did you get the quick connect ends? thanks.