Thread: GP-1 ESC issues

Default GP-1 ESC issues

Hey Everybody,

Having major issues with the esc in my GP-1. Original was DOA from the beginning, then the replacement tried to burn my boat down after 2 minutes run time. Second one also tried to fry the motor. Is anyone else having problems with the factory 30A AQ ESC or are mine isolated incidents?

Any kind of wetness on them and its nothing but bad news, its bone dry or they break. I'd seal them before even hitting the water, there are a ton of methods to do this, I'm not going to get into which is the best method......

Turns out it wasn't an ESC fault. I discovered one of the internal motor leads broke and was shorted to the motor case. As we all know, QC on these Chinese RTRs is suspect at times, but Tower warrantied the motor, no questions asked. I have to say, I've always been impressed with their customer service and they really stand behind their products. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Thanks trigger, just an fyi the ESC comes factory sealed in rtv wrapped in shrink material.

Mine was not sealed other than the shrink that has two wide open ends, my mini mono was the same. Up to you but I'd double check it.