Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolectrix

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    I just ordered 4x 2s 5500mah hv packs this morning. Looking forward to run them. Hoping they will be here for next club day Oct. 5th.
    They are here! First thing Monday morning. Why do I have to work...?
    They have my name on the label too!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Just like all new Lipos, you should cycle them under a light load a few times before you go out and really work them hard.They will last longer.
    Can the cycle function on my charger do this? If so can I cycle all 4 2s packs on a board together?

Yes.
    Some people cycle them 4 or 5 times at a 1C charge & discharge rate.

There will be many variations & preferences by many people, but here's what I do.

Charge it up at 1C & note the IR & voltages of each cell.
    Discharge at 1C down to 40% remaining. Check how closely matched the voltages of each cell are.
    Charge up again & check the numbers.
    Then I put it in a boat that I know has a light current draw. Our restricted boats are perfect with about a 50A draw.
    Run the boat for about 1 minute leaving about 60% in the pack. Nice & easy, no hole shots or sudden accelerations that will spike the amps.
    Let the pack rest for 20 minutes. Recharge the pack
    Run it again lightly down to 40% remaining.
    Let it rest, recharge.
    Then it can be used in a higher powered boat. But for the first few runs I still use easy accelerations & try not to go below 40% remaining.
    After that, I have no trouble with going hard on them.
    After each run, it's good to check how close the cell voltages are with each other. And at the end of each charge take a note of the IR of each cell.
    Incidentally, the IR should usually drop a bit from the initial charge readings after the first few light runs. That's a good thing.

Like I said, that's just what I do. I'm in no way saying that it is the best way, but it works for me. Any sort of light cycling is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    the sticker does not say 3.8v nominal....

Are these the HV cells? According to the website the "Silver Label"HV cells are 70C. Or am I missing something?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

The photo in the first post shows them to be legal. The sticker reads - 6s 22.2v = 3.7v according to my small brain
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Are these the HV cells? According to the website the "Silver Label"HV cells are 70C. Or am I missing something?
    Yes sir. This is a silver label 70c battery. (I took it apart to make a single cell battery because they don't sell a single cell) I'm no expert but my thought process is the cells started life as a 5000mah 65c cell at 4.20 full charge. Then they took the same cells and did some sort of coating or something to keep them from gassing when charged to 4.27v....then at 4.27v they are re-rated. I could just be full of it but it makes sense to me.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Chris...did you run today? If so, how you like them?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Chris...did you run today? If so, how you like them?
    Yes I did, I ended up running the 6s packs in my Ariane Q mono. I ran my two old Hyperion packs in it first then the Revolectrix, I forgot my GPS but you could tell a pretty big difference in the sound and looked to be faster. Plus it came in with everything about 15deg. cooler. So my answer is yes!! I really like these packs

Yes sir. This is a silver label 70c battery. (I took it apart to make a single cell battery because they don't sell a single cell) I'm no expert but my thought process is the cells started life as a 5000mah 65c cell at 4.20 full charge. Then they took the same cells and did some sort of coating or something to keep them from gassing when charged to 4.27v....then at 4.27v they are re-rated. I could just be full of it but it makes sense to me.
    Shy of a magic wand I'm not sure how 65c cells that have been assembled become 70C cells.

John can you clear this up for us?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

This is the video of the first run on the Hyperions, he didn't get the video of it with the Revolectrix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhMK...ature=youtu.be

Shy of a magic wand I'm not sure how 65c cells that have been assembled become 70C cells.

You wouldn't agree that when you put the extra voltage and capacity in it that it could increase the C rating? I'm pretty sure that's where it's coming from. To be honest, I'm really not worried about the 5c....the beat the pants off the most impressive batteries I've ever run that were 65c....the spc packs I had. Had I never talked to John and tried a set of them...I'd still be running spc. I sold all of my batteries and replaced them with revolectrix if that says anything lol!

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    This is the video of the first run on the Hyperions, he didn't get the video of it with the Revolectrix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhMK...ature=youtu.be
    That thing was moving. Wish you would have video the revo batteries. A guy on here did pick up 2mph with the revolectrix after a couple cycles. I'm cycling all my batteries right now. Lol

Well Travis that's why I asked John to clear this up.
    Personally I would expect the label on the inside of the pack to match the label on the outside.
    If it makes any difference I have some of these. Am I convinced they are any better than some other cells I have? No, not at this time. Perhaps I'll have a better idea when I have spent some more time running them through the lie detector.

I'm glad you're happy with them and I hope they give you 300+ cycles.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Well Travis that's why I asked John to clear this up.
    Personally I would expect the label on the inside of the pack to match the label on the outside.
    If it makes any difference I have some of these. Am I convinced they are any better than some other cells I have? No, not at this time. Perhaps I'll have a better idea when I have spent some more time running them through the lie detector.

I'm glad you're happy with them and I hope they give you 300+ cycles.
    John may stop by and give his take on it. What cells have you compared that perform as well? I'm always looking for options. Hows the price compared to the revolectrix? How many cycles have you got on your revolectrix? Have you had any problems?

I have had excellent results with Hyperion. Not sponsored, no special deals, just results and longevity.
    Like I said. For me the jury is still out, not seeing anything exceptional so far.
    I'll be spending more time with them this weekend. Going to run some boats through the lie detector.

Thank goodness I got the piece parts from Hyperion John, or I wouldn't be able to run the Revos.

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

They're definitely the most robust packs I've found, regardless of what a sticker says.
    Last edited by keithbradley; 12-18-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    The photo in the first post shows them to be legal. The sticker reads - 6s 22.2v = 3.7v according to my small brain
    I was talking about the mah rating on the 4s I got, They are 5500mah if you run 2p you'll have 11,000mah which would be illegal for NAMBA competition there's a 10,000mah limit.

Quote Originally Posted by ezhitz View Post
    I was looking at some of the Platinum Label 40C 5200 4S for sport running is there any feed back on those.
    I Think you would be better off going with the 60C Diamond series packs.
    Good reports on them over on R/C Groups

I've just ordered a couple of 3s packs to see how they perform. Should be here this week.

Love these batteries they even put your name on them!

I went for Diamonds and they shine very nicely in my Whip 40. 3rd place at MI Nats after just slapping it together. I'd say there is a major difference in these cells.

I was floored at the speed of my Hydroplane as were a few others.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I just got a couple Diamond 5000 mah 10s packs, to check for fit in a ML8255 kit.

Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    I just got a couple Diamond 5000 mah 10s packs, to check for fit in a ML8255 kit.

Looks like they fit nicely

Thats what I was thinking too :)
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Interesting 5s2p configuration. How do they feel in the center, are they pretty solid?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Interesting 5s2p configuration. How do they feel in the center, are they pretty solid?
    They are really solid, I can feel a small seam on one side where they are joined and a wire on the other side. I think they might have reinforced the joint under the shrink.
    Namba District 16

I've got Turnigy A-spec 10s packs like this that I run in my T Sport Hydro and my Viper 48 mono, they're are real solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Yes.
    Some people cycle them 4 or 5 times at a 1C charge & discharge rate.

There will be many variations & preferences by many people, but here's what I do.

Charge it up at 1C & note the IR & voltages of each cell.
    Discharge at 1C down to 40% remaining. Check how closely matched the voltages of each cell are.
    Charge up again & check the numbers.
    Then I put it in a boat that I know has a light current draw. Our restricted boats are perfect with about a 50A draw.
    Run the boat for about 1 minute leaving about 60% in the pack. Nice & easy, no hole shots or sudden accelerations that will spike the amps.
    Let the pack rest for 20 minutes. Recharge the pack
    Run it again lightly down to 40% remaining.
    Let it rest, recharge.
    Then it can be used in a higher powered boat. But for the first few runs I still use easy accelerations & try not to go below 40% remaining.
    After that, I have no trouble with going hard on them.
    After each run, it's good to check how close the cell voltages are with each other. And at the end of each charge take a note of the IR of each cell.
    Incidentally, the IR should usually drop a bit from the initial charge readings after the first few light runs. That's a good thing.

Like I said, that's just what I do. I'm in no way saying that it is the best way, but it works for me. Any sort of light cycling is better than none.
    I've been doing cycles (3 charge, 3 discharge to 3.85v)on mine all week. I've noticed they now balance perfect. Did I mention I really like the little 106b icharger? Awesome little charger.

Well I got some racing done on the new revos yesterday. I'm happy with the way they performed, running against the gassers they took out two heat races and a second in the 10 lap race running 4s 2p. That is in my Pursuit, I love racing that boat! On the down side my old 2s turnigys hit lvc on lap 2 so I finished the race at slow speed, and race three the boat stuffed in and came up the wrong way-downside up! The revo batts are balancing well and are consistent with the I.R. being 1 milliohm on each of the cells in all four 2s packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Well I got some racing done on the new revos yesterday. I'm happy with the way they performed, running against the gassers they took out two heat races and a second in the 10 lap race running 4s 2p. That is in my Pursuit, I love racing that boat! On the down side my old 2s turnigys hit lvc on lap 2 so I finished the race at slow speed, and race three the boat stuffed in and came up the wrong way-downside up! The revo batts are balancing well and are consistent with the I.R. being 1 milliohm on each of the cells in all four 2s packs.
    I turned my buddy on to them a couple weeks ago. I gave him some time to get some runtime in. I asked him today what he thought about them. He said the are the sh_t and that everything runs cooler. He WAS a max amps fan. Lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast