Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolectrix

Default Revolectrix

I got my first Revolectrix order yesterday, I got the Silver label HV packs (2) 5500mah 70c 4s and (2) 4800mah 70c 6s. I'll be letting you guys know how they do, I also picked up the Elangears ElanRX2 charger so I can fully charge these packs. http://www.elangears.com/?page_id=78...preview_id=789 DSC02805.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    I got my first Revolectrix order yesterday, I got the Silver label HV packs (2) 5500mah 70c 4s and (2) 4800mah 70c 6s. I'll be letting you guys know how they do, I also picked up the Elangears ElanRX2 charger so I can fully charge these packs. http://www.elangears.com/?page_id=78...preview_id=789 DSC02805.jpg
    You are going to be floored by these batteries. Did they let you go back and add that coupon code I gave you? I hope so! It would at least save you shipping. i just got in two more 3s packs and two 4s packs last week. I ordered more sunday evening too knowing the 4s packs fit in my rivercat. These batteries are thin but a touch wider and just a little longer than a regular battery. I like it better that way.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

o btw...It does not take long to get here from singapore does it?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    o btw...It does not take long to get here from singapore does it?
    I thought they came from Singapore, but the return address on the package said Indonesia. It only took about 4 days, they came in through Hawaii.

I was looking at some of the Platinum Label 40C 5200 4S for sport running is there any feed back on those.
    :canada

You'll like them Chris, mine were awesome. Wish I would't of sold them. Still have a couple 2s packs.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by ezhitz View Post
    I was looking at some of the Platinum Label 40C 5200 4S for sport running is there any feed back on those.
    From what I've heard, any of the Revolectrix are excellent quality. They are one of the few Lipo companies that manufacture their own cells and assemble their own packs

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    You'll like them Chris, mine were awesome. Wish I would't of sold them. Still have a couple 2s packs.
    Thanx Joel, I deffinetly value your opinion..

You are going to be floored by these batteries. Did they let you go back and add that coupon code I gave you? I hope so! It would at least save you shipping. i just got in two more 3s packs and two 4s packs last week. I ordered more sunday evening too knowing the 4s packs fit in my rivercat. These batteries are thin but a touch wider and just a little longer than a regular battery. I like it better that way.
    I'm sure I will Travis, it was your testing that made me decide to get them..

I'm sure I will Travis, it was your testing that made me decide to get them..
    Let me know how you like them....btw, a guy on here got a set to try in his shocker and it picked up 8mph over his current batteries!

Let me know how you like them....btw, a guy on here got a set to try in his shocker and it picked up 8mph over his current batteries!
    I think I'm gonna try the 6s packs in my Cheetah first, that'll be a good test.

I think I'm gonna try the 6s packs in my Cheetah first, that'll be a good test.
    I might would move them a little further forward or this may happen....

I just ordered 4x 2s 5500mah hv packs this morning. Looking forward to run them. Hoping they will be here for next club day Oct. 5th.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Nice man!
    really looking forward to how well they do..
    you all keep saying how great these packs are I should at least get some 2200mah 3s packs for my park flyers....
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    I just ordered 4x 2s 5500mah hv packs this morning. Looking forward to run them. Hoping they will be here for next club day Oct. 5th.
    So Pete. Are they legal for your club racing?

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    charged to 4.2v per cell and they are 100% legal
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

For NAMBA if you running them 4s 2p you would be over the 10,000mah limit so they would not be legal. That's why I got the 4800mah 6s packs instead of the 5500mah packs for my Q set ups. But you Aussie guys are only allowed 1p so you're good to go!

I just ordered two of these 5000mah 60c 10s packs to run in parallel in an 1/8th scale.
    http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Rev...onnector?ext=F
    With a Neu 2230 and a Swordfish 300, its over 9lbs. for motor, esc and batts. OMG
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

For NAMBA if you running them 4s 2p you would be over the 10,000mah limit so they would not be legal. That's why I got the 4800mah 6s packs instead of the 5500mah packs for my Q set ups. But you Aussie guys are only allowed 1p so you're good to go!
    The 5500 are actually a 5000mah cell if only charged to 4.20

Anyone wanting to buy these batteries, pm me and I'll give you a coupon code for 10% off......

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    charged to 4.2v per cell and they are 100% legal
    Unfortunately our rule book only states a max NOMINAL voltage of 3.7V/cell not a max charge voltage. And because the sticker on the packs states 3.8V/cell NOMINAL, people here deem them illegal. Even though when only charged to 4.2V/cell the nominal voltage is still 3.7V. In fact John from Revolectrix has stated that even fully charged the nominal voltage is still really 3.7V. The sticker was to differentiate the HV packs from their other packs.
    The lipo chemistry itself dictates the nominal voltage & the basic chemistry hasn't changed. It's just got a ceramic coating on the anodes that prevents gassing when charged to a slightly higher voltage. That's all.

Our AMPBA is looking to add some 'wording' to the rule book to cover this new technology. We'll have to wait & see if the wording allows them or bans them. It will be a sad day if they ban them.

Unfortunately our rule book only states a max NOMINAL voltage of 3.7V/cell not a max charge voltage. And because the sticker on the packs states 3.8V/cell NOMINAL, people here deem them illegal. Even though when only charged to 4.2V/cell the nominal voltage is still 3.7V. In fact John from Revolectrix has stated that even fully charged the nominal voltage is still really 3.7V. The sticker was to differentiate the HV packs from their other packs.
    The lipo chemistry itself dictates the nominal voltage & the basic chemistry hasn't changed. It's just got a ceramic coating on the anodes that prevents gassing when charged to a slightly higher voltage. That's all.

Our AMPBA is looking to add some 'wording' to the rule book to cover this new technology. We'll have to wait & see if the wording allows them or bans them. It will be a sad day if they ban them.
    the sticker does not say 3.8v nominal....

Last edited by kfxguy; 09-26-2014 at 03:34 PM.

interesting that people want to complain about old rules trying to apply to new technology...
    all John needs to do is make proper labels

Sorry but the sticker does not say 3.8v nominal....

Sorry. My poor wording in the previous post. The outside sticker on, say, a 4s pack states 15.2V which equates to 3.8V/cell. That's what the scrutineers see.
    But that pic is the first time I've seen the rating on the actual cells.
    That is encouraging information for the technical side of things.

What are you doing pulling packs apart so soon? But thanks for that.

Todd.
    No ones actually complaining. They just want to get it all sorted out to avoid any problems at the lake. Storm in a teacup as far as I'm concerned.

Thumbs up

Todd.
    No ones actually complaining. They just want to get it all sorted out to avoid any problems at the lake. Storm in a teacup as far as I'm concerned.
    I think our lipo tech stuff is advancing faster than our rules are keeping up with
    we have come a long ways since the 3.7v rule came into the hobby

Sorry. My poor wording in the previous post. The outside sticker on, say, a 4s pack states 15.2V which equates to 3.8V/cell. That's what the scrutineers see.
    But that pic is the first time I've seen the rating on the actual cells.
    That is encouraging information for the technical side of things.

What are you doing pulling packs apart so soon? But thanks for that.

Todd.
    Lol, no worries. I was pretty sure no one is like me and gonna take a 5 minute old battery pack apart! The reason I did it was to run 7s in my rivercat. All of the 4s packs I've had won't fit so I made a Y connector and added one more cell in. Now that I own a few 4s revolectrix packs I know they fit so I no longer have to do this. But I knew this pic would be pretty interesting to you guys! It's basically a 5000mah, 65c cell that's coated with something (just repeating what was said about the chemistry) and it's able to be charged more and therefore output a touch more power and have a longer runtime.

Can I level with you guys? In the testing I've done, at 4.2v these batteries are noticeably more powerful than all other batteries I've tried. A 4.27v with 7 cells I picked up exactly one mph. Is that enough to ban these batteries? You can pick up 1mph by moving your strut, changing props.....so you be the judge.

Default First charge up on Revolectrix from Storage voltage

The first charge from storage voltage looked great, I used my new Elangears Elan R X2 charger http://www.elangears.com/?page_id=78...preview_id=789 the 6s packs with the charger set @ 8amp and 4.27 cut off per cell took 35min. to put 3624mah in a 4800mah pack with .008volt difference over 6 cells on one pack and .006 on the other pack with about the same time and mah. The 4s packs with charger set @ 6amp and 4.27volt cutoff per cell took 38mins. to put 3976mah in a 5500mah pack with .004volt difference over 4 cells on one pack and .003volt on the other pack. So far the Revolectrix packs and the new charger look great, we'll see how the packs perform tomorrow. And I'll give you the charging results as soon as I recharge the packs for the next use.

Come on man....go run those things! Lol

I'm about to head to the lake myself.

The first charge from storage voltage looked great, I used my new Elangears Elan R X2 charger http://www.elangears.com/?page_id=78...preview_id=789 the 6s packs with the charger set @ 8amp and 4.27 cut off per cell took 35min. to put 3624mah in a 4800mah pack with .008volt difference over 6 cells on one pack and .006 on the other pack with about the same time and mah. The 4s packs with charger set @ 6amp and 4.27volt cutoff per cell took 38mins. to put 3976mah in a 5500mah pack with .004volt difference over 4 cells on one pack and .003volt on the other pack. So far the Revolectrix packs and the new charger look great, we'll see how the packs perform tomorrow. And I'll give you the charging results as soon as I recharge the packs for the next use.
    Just like all new Lipos, you should cycle them under a light load a few times before you go out and really work them hard.They will last longer.

But with your new charger, get into the habit of noting the Internal Resistance of each cell at the end of each charge. Initially they will all be pretty close, but as the battery gets older you can see if a cell starts to build up a higher resistance than the others which can tell you that a problem may develop down the track. A high resistance cell is usually the one that drops to a lower voltage than the others during a discharge in the boat, & takes longer to balance up to the other cells during a charge.

Yep, we just run open electric for club day. Our current rules allow up to 2p 12000mah. We keep it fairly simple here. We have only a pretty small fleet of fe as gassers are predominant. I have a dirty little secret, I am building a petrol offshore boat at the moment. It's 54" long and powered by a 264 rcmk. I really just want to annoy the gassers a bit more by beating them at their own game. Probably could have built a couple of new fe boats for the money but!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Cool with regards to the batteries.
    Give those gassers heaps man.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast