Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Revolectrix

Mine are holding up well. This is from racing this past weekend. Q-sport whiplash, Lehner 2260/8, MGM 25035, Octura X450, 2 - Revo 60C 6S 3700's in parallel. The graphs were from the last heat of the day.

last heat dallas input req and amps.jpglast heat dallas voltage and amps.jpglast heat dallas voltage only.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    What are you doing with your charger after you run? Going up, or down in voltage?
    Mine all take exactly 0 minutes after running to put them in storage.
    Keith, I know for me Mine don't take any extra time to balance out..
    and storage charge didn't take long at all with the REVO packs

I really like these packs
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    What are you doing with your charger after you run? Going up, or down in voltage?
    Mine all take exactly 0 minutes after running to put them in storage.
    It depends.
    If I haven't already over discharged them I take them down to .5v/cell then charge them at .5A to 100% of their capacity to balance them just like the old days. Once fully charged I store the in the warmest part of the house! The attic in the summertime and on top of the gas furnace in the winter. I have this cool temperature alarm that lets me know if they fall below 100'F

If I have knocked the bottom out of them I don't try to discharge them further. I just charge them to 100% and store them as above.

Fully charged packs that I didn't get to run I just store. Some of my packs have been in storage for six months!!!!

Two in a circle, with a snap!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Um, ya......OK lol.

I needed a set of decent packs for the KBB45 and Keith was kind enough to sell me (4) 4s/4800 from his personal stock, looking forward to trying them out. It's that time again, and I will likely be spending a grand or so in the next months to replenish my stock, just need to decide what configuration I'm going to stick with primarily in that boat. I will most likely end up with 7s, so if I like these packs I'll be keeping an eye on when the 3s/4s 5500's come back in stock.

I ran 96 mph on a set of 8s/4000mah Dinos from last season that had very few runs on them, hoping some new packs will get me closer to "The Club"

FWIW, I don't charge at the pond, so I bring as many as 24+ charged lipos in a milk crate, and sometimes it was too windy, fishermen, etc., and I wouldn't run. Those packs stayed charged, sometimes for a week.......
    Since I started religiously discharging/storing packs I have had much fewer issues. Stored all my packs through our long winter, and cycled them once a month and so far so good on the ones I have run. Those cheap little discharging setups were worth every penny. Here's last years saltwater bucket after a long winter.

Nasty !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    It depends.
    If I haven't already over discharged them I take them down to .5v/cell then charge them at .5A to 100% of their capacity to balance them just like the old days. Once fully charged I store the in the warmest part of the house! The attic in the summertime and on top of the gas furnace in the winter. I have this cool temperature alarm that lets me know if they fall below 100'F

If I have knocked the bottom out of them I don't try to discharge them further. I just charge them to 100% and store them as above.

Fully charged packs that I didn't get to run I just store. Some of my packs have been in storage for six months!!!!

Two in a circle, with a snap!!!
    Are you saying that you discharge to 0.5v per cell? And that you store in a warm environment? I don't have time to search back through all the threads but 3.7v/cell is as low as they need to go, in fact the discharge function cuts off at 3.0v on my chargers. If you are doing this then how can any of your lipos survive long? Also I do recall that it is recommended to store in a cool place. On the face of it you are abusing your batteries. Why would you overdischarge on running? The recommended so many times is to only use 80%. I'm confused here Doug, or are you taking the mickey? Storage charge is 3.85v/cell, not fully charged.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Perhaps there was a tad bit of sarcasm that was missed.

I was just having a bit of fun Peter. You know the healing can't begin until blame has been assigned.

I have batteries that are five years old and I'm still racing them. My batteries are always store charged, weather that means charged or discharged, and stored in a cool dry basement. I'll charge the night before a race, and if they aren't store charged before the trailer doors close, they are as soon as I get them back to the shop. None of them have ever been discharged below 20% of their capacity.

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I was just having a bit of fun Peter. You know the healing can't begin until blame has been assigned.

I have batteries that are five years old and I'm still racing them. My batteries are always store charged, weather that means charged or discharged, and stored in a cool dry basement. I'll charge the night before a race, and if they aren't store charged before the trailer doors close, they are as soon as I get them back to the shop. None of them have ever been discharged below 20% of their capacity.

D.
    Ok, gotya.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

To be fair, the set of Dinogys were only 4s/4000mah, these revos were 4800mah, and they were also charged to 4.27v/cell. The Dinos were from the end of last season, only saw maybe 5 runs, were stored at 3.8v/cell and cycled every month during the winter.

So, the revos started off with a .56 advantage but logging showed that they held 29.8v under WOT, while the Dinos did drop to 26.3v at the lowest, which is a 3.5v difference in drop. The Dinos also saw about 5 passes, so the minimum would have been a bit lower anyway, the revo log was only 2 passes.

I'm still real happy with all my Dino packs, but I'm also really impressed with the Revos, and it was only my first couple passes with them.

I bought two 40c 3s packs for screwing around. they don't perform near as well as silver label. amd for the price diff i rec them for any significant power setup. revos are my favorite. stick with silver for boats

Where is the best place to get them Brandon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After running today 54 minutes to store charge one 5s pack and 144 minutes for the other.

Next month they'll be a year old and have less than 100 cycles on them. Gonna reward them with a nice salt bath for their birthday! Probably go all out and invite some LNE 6000 65Cs the same age to the party as well. Good times!!!!!!!! I'll take some pics at the party.
    Wish I had invited Doby to the party.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...374#post641374
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910