Thread: SV 27 Prop Recommendations

Default SV 27 Prop Recommendations

Any prop recommendations. Just getting my old SV27 off the shelf and dont remember an good prop recommendations. Dont want to smoke the motor.
    Thank you for any help.

TeddyBoy
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Grim 42X55 just enough speed to be fun, but you shouldn't be burning anything up. We have been running this prop for our Box Stock SV27 club class.

Later,
    Mike

Thank you for the response. I had also asked Encoreman and he told me that the boat had a 2030 kV motor and he would use a M445. I now have two suggestions.

Thanks again.

Ted Wachter
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
    Thank you for the response. I had also asked Encoreman and he told me that the boat had a 2030 kV motor and he would use a M445. I now have two suggestions.

Thanks again.

Ted Wachter
    This is a different ball game Ted. A 2030kv isn't what the boat originally came with. I hope you have the 60amp controller in there otherwise you will be on the border of being to hot with the M445. Even if you have a controller to handle the 2030 and M445 that combo is too much speed for that boat. Just my opinion though.

With a 2030 KV, the boat would be much happier with an X442 or X440/3 and still be plenty fast

Later
    Mike
    Last edited by longballlumber; 10-07-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: changed x442/3 to x440/3