Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: crc outerlimits

Geting layout figured out. Keeping weight back. Will have plenty of room to adjust cg with batts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good

Taz, thats a clean lookn layout, nicely done brother... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Thanks. Getting tbere.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    My artists skills not so hot. This is the plan.
    If you are going to do that why not buy a pair of Werner WD200 steerable drives. They have the same design you are suggesting with the drawing but you would not have to drill into those expensive drives. You could sell those and buy these http://wd200-modellbau.de/?Antriebe%...FDirektantrieb Just my .02
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

I looked hard at doing that but I it just comes down to the looks of the drives. Nothing against the werners the m8s just look more scale.

Yes they are they look great. Have you made progress on the build lately?
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

I have made a little. Will post some new pics this weekend. I work for morton salt and with the early winter and holidays we have been overly busy. 112 trucks just yesterday. :)

please do not do that to those beautiful drives. Why not try them out the way they were intended first. If that fails you can always switch back to what you're planning. You don't have to run all 10 hp right out of the gate when testing it. Not to mention, your modification may not work, or may cause another problem to surface and then what. You've blown all your options. If nothing else, sell those and buy some MHZ nxt drives and you won't have as much to worry about from a quality standpoint.

I have been doing some research and found a company in Tennessee that have these drives as a option on a 84in hull. Have a email sent to them to see if they have any reliability problems with them. They are putting 9hp twin mod zens on them.

mountain hobbies? I have no first hand experience with them but have read several threads over on Jims that would suggest that anything you hear from them should be taken with at least a grain or two of salt. Plus, every boat they sell are not even splashes they've altered a little, just straight rip offs. I sent a message personally to chip's outboard service on facebook. He has some of the slickest looking scale boats I've ever seen and has two of these mounted to one. Haven't heard back yet though. Sent the message about a week ago. I, as well as I'm sure many others have been waiting for just one person to put up some findings on using these. Arrow Shark has to be selling them, this is their second version afterall, it's the most expensive one on the market... so where are the builds, the youtube videos? Why not just set up a bench trial?

I did hear back from yes mountain hobbies and they said that they haven't had any problems as long as you stay at or under the 10hp. But who in this madness of the innerweb do you believe? I don't like to knock products that I haven't even seen but I tend to think you are right on the ripped off designs. Looks like bonzi hull. Let me know if you hear back from him. Keep talking and you guys just might convince me in to being the crash test dummy! :-)

I did hear back from yes mountain hobbies and they said that they haven't had any problems as long as you stay at or under the 10hp. But who in this madness of the innerweb do you believe? I don't like to knock products that I haven't even seen but I tend to think you are right on the ripped off designs. Looks like bonzi hull. Let me know if you hear back from him. Keep talking and you guys just might convince me in to being the crash test dummy! :-)

Maybe I should try Angies List! Lol!

Nice.. Love the scale builds

Going to leave the gears in the drives. Arrow shark swears they will hold up. Email back said no one has ordered spare gears yet and that is almost two full years of sales. Well got to go order some more plywood. I swear this will be done by april so be patient. Live in ohio so the lakes won't be unfrozen till then.

That's good to hear. I also heard back from Chip. At Chips outboard service. He wrote,
    "Drives are bullet proof and accept up to 10 hp easily. I use stainless steel 3 blade props with no problems. Sorry, no video. I use 7.5 hp quickdraw engines or 13 hp nemesis electric. Chip"
    He went on to say he sells them for $450 which is a pretty good price on those. He just said because of customs they do take about a month if you get them from him. I asked him if he provides service and parts support here in the states should there be a problem. I'll post what he replies.

Thanks for getting back to me. Glad to hear that someone has used these drives and has good things to say. New ply came in yesterday and will be redoing the motor mounts this weekend. Happy holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by james himel View Post
    mountain hobbies? I have no first hand experience with them but have read several threads over on Jims that would suggest that anything you hear from them should be taken with at least a grain or two of salt. Plus, every boat they sell are not even splashes they've altered a little, just straight rip offs. I sent a message personally to chip's outboard service on facebook. He has some of the slickest looking scale boats I've ever seen and has two of these mounted to one. Haven't heard back yet though. Sent the message about a week ago. I, as well as I'm sure many others have been waiting for just one person to put up some findings on using these. Arrow Shark has to be selling them, this is their second version afterall, it's the most expensive one on the market... so where are the builds, the youtube videos? Why not just set up a bench trial?
    You might want to do a little research on Mountain Hobbies before saying they ripoff hulls, they purchased molds from Performance International when they stopped building boats. Those boats are not copies, they are originals from the originnal molds As for the hulls they built before, those were designed in house. I have had first hand experiance with them, this 44" hydro is from them. DSC02364.jpg

Didn't mean to knock anybody's products and I apologize to mountain hobbies. I just thought that I had seen them before now I know. Perfomance international made nice boats and I am glad to see they are still being made. They had the apache "Warhawk" gas powered with the amps outdrive back in th 80s that made me do my first boat. Dumas 55 kv picco p90. Could not afford the warhawk at the time. I think it was 1500$ I was 14 at the time. Once again apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Didn't mean to knock anybody's products and I apologize to mountain hobbies. I just thought that I had seen them before now I know. Perfomance international made nice boats and I am glad to see they are still being made. They had the apache "Warhawk" gas powered with the amps outdrive back in th 80s that made me do my first boat. Dumas 55 kv picco p90. Could not afford the warhawk at the time. I think it was 1500$ I was 14 at the time. Once again apologies.
    Not a problem, they're actually great to deal with and stand behind their products.

any progress on this build?

Sorry guys and gals I have some health issues that haven't been kind to me last couple weeks but feeling better. Will be doing some work on her in the next couple of days.

Hope everything is alright! Get well soon and look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Well everyone feeling better so trying to get something done. Got my cf in and made my motor mounts. Ordered lipo slides from Kent and should be here soon. Will be doing some more work on the mounts to make them better looking. The cf is dragon plate 6mm. I am amazed at how strong this stuff is and hard to cut. Used permagrit hacksaw blade under running water to cut. It is time consuming but it is the best way not to breath the dust

Will be using caslte pro bec but I have some questions. The servos will be digital ht about 400oz x2. Will this cause to much draw and cause a big difference when the lipo cutoffs kick in. Can Iit be wired in parallel between the two sides so draws evenly?

More.

Got slides in from kent and look great. Will be working on it all weekend.

Well got the motor mounts the way I wanted them. The servos are hitec hs7950 th and are rated at 486oz a piece. Probably overkill but with them having to turn the drives rather have too much than not enough. Should finish up esc mounts this weekend then will start to epoxy everything in. Pushrods are 3mm cf. They are really stiff and quite a bit lighter than ss.

Also got the tie bar for the drives made. Did not like the looks of the theaded rod so I cut down the ends and locktighted into 1/4 ss tube. Got the props in from ps. They are ss5514 3blades with 1/4 hubs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast