Thread: Battery Suggestion for SV-R

Default Battery Suggestion for SV-R

I've been running my SuperVee R with Duratrax NiMH 6-cell DTX 5000mAh. That's all I've used with this boat. The batteries are worn out so I'm looking for replacements.
    My boat is stock, so what battery setup should I get? The more exact the better.
    I do have a Traxxas Stampede using a lipo Gen Ace 2s 40C 5000mAh.
    What do you think I should get?
    Last edited by Kent55; 09-16-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Hey Kent,

Saw this still floating--not sure if it was answered for you. Lipos will be a nice boost for you--I use two 35-70C 5000mAh 4s Lipos running in parallel, gives me very nice (20-25 minute) run times with the stock setup, less when I prop up a bit. Cheapest solution for you if you have two of the batteries you mentioned, you could run them in series, the final result will be a 4s setup, but run times will still be that of the 5000mAh.

Either way 4s is the way to go! Plenty fast and still controllable even in some decent chop. The extra weight of the two 5000mAh batteries help the handling in that regard.

Not sure if things have changed recently, but the sv27r never came with lipo ready esc's in the beginning. You can still run lipo's on the original esc but you have no low voltage cut out. So gotta be careful if doing that. Any 120 amp esc should do the job, or the UL1's esc works a treat too.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||