Thread: Broken servo

Default Broken servo

All,
    On the maiden run of my Cheetah, I broke a new servo.
    It was the Hitec Low Profile bb Servo. It has one ball bearing on the output shaft. One internal metal gear, but output gear is nylon. It sounded like it was just spinning, like it lost its index.

So, a couple of questions:
    1. what is a good, tough low profile servo to buy?
    2. on RC Cars, they have these things called Servo Savers, basically a shock absorber for your servo connection to the steering horn. Do they work for boats?

I should add, the the search function for forum is not working. That is usually my first stop.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Servo savers don't work well on boats and really aren't needed anyway. I normally use standard-size servos, the only low profile I've used is the HiTec 8775MG, a digital servo and not cheap (but then, cheap servos break). Can't you use a standard size servo and lay it down on its side? Almost all my builds have the servo on its side.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I would like to use the servo mout I made for this build, so im constrained on servo size

Using the Servo Data base, i used advanced seach, I found there candidates:

servo data base search results

there are some brands I have never head of:
    Cirrus?
    Scanner RC? (Hobbyking junk?)
    Power HD?
    FeeTech?
    Blue Bird?
    Xcore?

Or should I just stick to known stuff, like Spektrum S6070
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Larry, I would try a Savox w/p digital mg servo 208oz torque at 6v... Bill Brandt sells them for $45 shipped he goes by Allrc here on the forum... excellent seller and great guy to deal with...Ive been using Savox servos in RC cars for several yrs, sell them at Hobbyshop I work for...been using them in boats now for awhile, good cust serv too.. DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

I will second the Savox, best servo I have ever used!

In my experience, Savox support to a dealer/store is good, but they did not support me as a customer very well at all, and I own over 15 of their servos. Though I will not be buying any again, I will say their waterproof servo in my sprintcat seems great. Fwiw if you send that hitec in they will likely fox it for free and have it right back out to you in short time, they have excellent support.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2