Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was told and ignored

Quote Originally Posted by fusion_m8 View Post
    Hopefully your OSE cable is the correct length. I had a bit of drama with mine being around half inch too long and had to cut it with a dremel. Not a big deal if you already have a dremel, but I didn't have one and had to spend $40 getting a dremel and another $8 for the rotary cutting wheel.
    Sorry to crap up your thread, but this does need replying to. How convenient he posts his costs but nothing about his refund.
    You can see the email sent to Fusion when he contacted about this issue. I would have more than gladly sent him a new cable if he needed.

"Sorry about this.

If you have the ability to cut the cable to the correct length, I can refund the cost of the cable $24.99. Let me know if that works for you?

Steven Vaccaro
    Offshore Electrics Inc.
    www.OffshoreElectrics.com"

"Hi Steve:

I guess I have the refund will have to do for now, as I have to go buy a new dremel to cut the cable to the correct length.

Thank you for such a swift response to the problem."
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

That was not a very smart
    Post for him. Why make someone look bad and leave out the fact that they gave you a complete refund? Basically he gave you a free flex cable....that's pretty messed up how some people are so unappreciative. I think an apology and explanation is owed....
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Think you guys better get YOUR facts straight before you start looking foolish...

READ POST #4

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...831#post586831

No need to apologise to me, both of you have a nice day now!

This is not the first time people have bought OSE cables that are of varying lengths for the same boat, can't OSE even get the lengths right? Its not that hard is it?

Getting a refund doesn't mean I got a free flex cable, the cable was part of a $500 order (you conveniently left that fact out too Steve). It means I had to fix the problem myself, a refund is just a lazy way out for the person who caused the problem in the first place.

Want to learn how to do things right?? Either get your QC in check or send a replacement cable that is the correct length. That's how business should be done if you are taking people's money.
    Last edited by fusion_m8; 09-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Not to jump back at the c rating thing but remember when tactic 12c and 14c packs were used in big fast boats with schulze esc's! Haha.... It's all in the setup, and I don't think 50c 5000mah packs capable of 250 amps constant are needed in a motley... Not trying to beat a dead horse but that is bad info... And a waste of money for a motley crew... You'd be better off buying some $22 pack 30c turnigy packs and have fresh new packs, and 3 times as many of them.

I also have never bought a flex from Steve I haven't had to cut.. But I am pretty sure that's standard fair no matter which vendor you get a flex from, would you rather have it to short? They are generally sold as cut to your exact length... Even RTR boats can be a mm or two diff... Hence why they come long instead of to short.... Most all parts in FE need some tuning to each application... Even flexes, and glad you got yourself a dremel it's a tool you'll def make good use out of.

Not trying to mud the thread up but I think quality info is what we want to parlay to fellow members, not gripes about not being able to cut down a flex and needing packs hanspeter would be proud to run in his hpr's in a RTR boat with lowwww amp draw... His packs are warm because they are tired... And they are venoms after all too... Not a top boaters pic!
    Last edited by JMSCARD; 09-27-2014 at 01:11 AM.

i posted it before ; the kids and i run my lucas oil with the stock flex for almost a short year now
    5s stock motor with 43 mm cnc : gives about 78 km/h but breaks the 80km/h when set loose

my comment is that when i see some guy's boating :hard on the throttle from zero......from max rpm's too full stop in a blink

that's hard !!

a 4.75 mm h&m flex will handle that punishment even from far bigger set-ups but a rtr boat with a 3.8 mm flex ?

i'm just saying that i'm not surprised that something breaks when i see some video's or guy's at the lokal pond...

hey ,it's there money, but i'm not getting my money for free so i respect the things i buy

Think you guys better get YOUR facts straight before you start looking foolish...

READ POST #4

This is not the first time people have bought OSE cables that are of varying lengths for the same boat, can't OSE even get the lengths right? Its not that hard is it?

Getting a refund doesn't mean I got a free flex cable, the cable was part of a $500 order (you conveniently left that fact out too Steve). It means I had to fix the problem myself, a refund is just a lazy way out for the person who caused the problem in the first place.

Want to learn how to do things right?? Either get your QC in check or send a replacement cable that is the correct length. That's how business should be done if you are taking people's money.
    If you have to whine like that about having to cut a flex cable... maybe this hobby isn't for you. Giving you a refund is a lazy way of getting out of it? What are you expecting.....someone to come to your house and hold you hand and cut it for you? All I can say is some people you can't please no matter what. This seems to be the case. If I was having to deal with someone like this, I wouldn't sell them anything ever again.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Getting a refund doesn't mean I got a free flex cable
    It doesn't? If you didn't pay for it, you received it for free.

the cable was part of a $500 order (you conveniently left that fact out too Steve).
    What does the fact that you placed a $500 order have to do with it? You still received a refund and therefore did not pay for it. Are you counting the $.50 it cost to ship with the rest of your $500 order?

It means I had to fix the problem myself, a refund is just a lazy way out for the person who caused the problem in the first place

Getting a refund on something does not mean you had to fix it yourself to be satisfied. That was your choice. You could have sent it back.

Jeez man, thats just being knit picky. Unhappy you had to buy a dremel? You just made one of the best investments you could make if you plan on running/building boats. Not to mention all the other applications it could be used on.

Better look up the meaning of "FREE" or "REFUND"

Better yet, here ya go;

FREE; adverb[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

without cost or payment.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"ladies were admitted free"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: without charge, free of charge, for nothing

re·fund1
      verb

riˈfənd,ˈrēˌfənd/
        pay back (money), typically to a customer who is not satisfied with goods or services bought.
        "if you're not delighted with your purchase, we guarantee to refund your money in full"
        synonyms: repay, give back, return, pay back

Where does it say anything about having to fix something your not happy with yourself? The definition is self explanatory. You received a "refund" = repay, give back, return, pay back

And you didn't have to take it back = free = without charge, free of charge, for nothing

If you bought an article of clothing and weren't happy with it, would you tailor it yourself or would you take it back for a "refund"?

If you bought a fridge and it didn't turn on would you fix it yourself or would you take it back for a "refund"?

C'mon dude, now your just being disrespectful. To point out that it cost you this or cost you that due to a minor issue such as the length of the cable is doing yourself a disservice. Good luck with trying to get anything aftermarket that is better quality than factory and is a perfect fit. Stick with the "factory" stuff and keep replacing it. It'll cost you more money in the long run than your investment of a product you can use in almost any other everyday environment.

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Default I was told and ignored

READ POST #4

i understand your frustration, but you're directing it the wrong direction dude.
    you should also understand, that there are only a couple of places to buy this stuff, and posting these things will only hurt your chances of getting items in the future.

as far as having to buy a dremel, i will ask... Why did you not already own one? isn't owning one a rite of passage into manhood? it should be a requirement..... You should actually be ashamed of yourself for not ALREADY owning one Nevertheless.....welcome to Man Club!
    Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 09-27-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

"Give credit where credit is due"---- you are upset because you did give OSE praise for the refund in that other thread.
    For the hundreds ( 671 to be exact as of the time I am writing this) who only saw THIS THREAD, no one would think or know that you were given a refund. Regardless of YOUR DEFINITION of a REFUND.
    You would have received more support had you simply pointed out the misunderstanding , but you turned your frustration and anger to bash OSE, it is totally unnecessary and inappropriate.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 09-27-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    "Give credit where credit is due"---- you are upset because you did give OSE praise for the refund in that other thread.
    For the hundreds ( 671 to be exact as of the time I am writing this) who only saw THIS THREAD, no one would think or know that you were given a refund. Regardless of YOUR DEFINITION of a REFUND.
    You would have received more support had you simply pointed out the misunderstanding , but you turned your frustration and anger to bash OSE, it is totally unnecessary and inappropriate.
    With that attitude, I imagine his stay will be short.

Let's drive on please sirs!

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Can you queens hush ? I started this thread and don't care about your what 27$ ? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by S_pisco7084 View Post
    Can you queens hush ? I started this thread and don't care about your what 27$ ? Come on.
    Now that we got our genders right finally , did you try the X440/3? I would like to know your opinion on that prop as compared to the one you lost.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

No I'm running the factory 2 blade prop it came with. I'm saving up to order a 3 blade

I have read that 3 blade props get more cavitation that a 2 blade prop so when would a 3 blade be better? on a big boat? I always respect my hobby shop suppliers as they are very helpful with advice. My flex shaft supplier says you need to cut the shafts yourself, bend the drive tube and to always use a "shaft saver" so when your 1 piece shaft breaks your prop won't end up on the bottom of the pond. With the stock Genesis 900 2 piece flex shaft the dog gear is held in place with a grub screw that can move if I over tighten the prop nut and stop the shaft turning it needs a notch for the grub screw to hold onto I will look into doing it as after my last run the prop nut was nearly loose or I will locktite thread lock the prop nut, I will upgrade to a 3/16" 1 piece flex shaft and a 38mm 2 blade CNC prop 3814 that is made balanced and sharpened when I can afford it.
    GENESIS 900 2x 4S 5200mah 40C LiPo in parallel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12