Thread: 2014/2015 Scottsdale Model Boaters Season

Default 2014/2015 Scottsdale Model Boaters Season

We have the upcoming season dates booked for club racing. LSH, P-Ltd Mono, P-ltd Cat, P Mono and scales have been our focus, though any 3 make a class and we can discuss at our first outing this season if we need to make any revisions.

McKellips Pond. Be sure to check the north side of the pond as we may be there until the weeds clear on the south side.

Sunday, Oct 19th
    Sunday, Nov 16th
    Sunday, December 21st
    Sunday, January 25th

Winter Warmups XI will be Friday-Sunday February 20th to 22nd, 2015. More info on this later on another thread.

woowoo

loks like p lim cat and mono as well as modern right now..

Hi Ray, I thought you were coming to the 1/10 th scale race at Legg on Sept 21.

Hi Ray, I thought you were coming to the scale race with your 1/10 th scale is past weekend, Sept 21 st. at Legg Lake.

Hey leanord..sorry..my hull basically was in 4 pieces..have a brand new 2014 peters and may in works thanks to Mr bradshaw..should be finishing up as we speak..hopefully ready for first club race on 19th

Ok guys...what's everyone planning on running on 19th..I'm in for p lim cat and mono..and modern

Good times today guys

Sunday, October 19th

Warm day, and our best turn out yet! We had 13 racers in attendance, on a day that hit 94 degrees. Unfortunately, the water condition kept us on the "shorter" north side of the pond, but we managed well. Except for the decision to run a 6 lap offshore P-Ltd Cat class. Who came up with that idea? The offshore pin got decapitated multiple times. Twice by me...and it was my idea.

P-Ltd Mono

6 boats entered. Ted's bowling date made him miss the 3rd round, but he still podium'd. Dang it. That's no way to award a guy that just wants to run 2 rounds.

David N: 1100 pts
    Ray P: 769 Pts
    Ted M: 625 Pts

P Mono

6 boats also entered. Boats seemed really fast on a short course!

David N: 825 pts
    Jim O: 725 pts
    Pete W: 625 pts

LSH

5 boats entered.

David N: 1200 pts
    Alan G: 625 pts
    Jim O: 300 pts

P-Ltd Cat on a 6 lap offshore course. 11 boats entered. It's not every race where we need to have 2 heats for each round!

Pete W: 925 pts
    Ray P: 825 pts
    Bruce L: 700 pts

1/10th Scale Vintage had 4 boats running today. Chuck has a very impressive Vintage. Smooth as silk and fast, too.

Chuck M: 825 pts
    Gary R: 650 pts
    Kevin S: 300 pts

1/10th Scale Modern had 4 boats running today as well. Gary had another reminder to never take his eyes off of his boat. He had this class wrapped up, but glanced ahead at a dead boat, then looked back in time for his boat to spear the exit buoy of turn 1. Congratulations to Alan! He has a very consistent running boat.

Alan G: 1000 pts
    Gary R: 825 pts
    Chuck M: 275 pts

Next race is Sunday, November 16th! Thank you all for attending yesterday. It was great to see the such a great turnout, and we were even down Dick and Pat, too. Also, we had some new blood show up that will have boats to drop in next time!

Let's make November bigger..we gonna concentrate on same classes

great turnout guys..though the wind didn't cooperate it did make for some fun racing..looking fwd to dec 21st..couldnt think of a better way to celebrate my bday

November 16, 2014

Well, the Polar Vortex came close to Phoenix, but really only kicked up some wind. Kept our high to about 73 degrees, too. Burrrr. Sorry about the rest of you.

16 entrants today, with special Ca guests Leonard Feeback and Dave/Peyton Hilton. This was the biggest club race we've ever had! Dang near the size of many of our WW races, too. P-Ltd Mono, LSH, P-Ltd Cat and 1/10th Vintage actually had to go to 2 rounds/heat today.

P-Ltd Mono

10 entrants today. We actually had some good/fast racing even with the wind.

David N. 1100 pts
    Jim/Ted/Pete 725 pts I don't care who got 2nd as I got 1st.

P Mono

Just 4 boats out today, and congratulations to Adrien "Penske" for picking up a win! Peyton Hilton had a nice running Seaducer, which we don't see much in FE. He pulled a 2nd place, with even pulling out of the 3rd round.

1) Adrien Gambino 1100 pts
    2) Peyton Hilton 700 pts
    3) Kerry Winkle 525 pts

LSH

9 entrants today. Good racing, and we really only had to check up on the left turn due to the wind. Congratulations to Pete for sweeping the class w/his Phil Thomas (sans windshield and NAMBA #s). Jim DQ'd himself after a mishap with me, but I think he was a little hard on himself. I forced a bad position! Ripped my Whip transom out, but I powered it to shore with minimal water intrusion.

1) Pete W. 1200 pts
    2) Kerry Winkle 825 pts
    3) Jim O 800 pts

P-Ltd Cat

9 entrants today. Just some good 'ol racing in this class. The wind made it a bit chippy, but only on a few occasions. Peyton took it w/a Motley Crew.

1) Peyton Hilton 825 pts
    2) Jim O 825 pts
    3) Ray Presnall 625 pts

1/10th Scale Vintage

Great running boats today. Not a bad one in the bunch! Good, clean racing, too. Congratulations to Dave Hilton on the sweep!

1) Dave Hilton 1200 pts
    2) Ted McKay 725 pts
    3) Chuck Murray 450 pts

OPC

Just 2 boats out today, and just as well as the wind DID have an effect on these boats. But, Osborne persevered with a ML300!.

1) Jim O 825 pts
    2) Robert Prievo 450 pts

1/10th Scale Modern

Again, a national-caliber group of racers and boats running in this class. Good stuff!

1) Ray Presnall 825 pts
    2) Gary Rose 825 pts (finished all 3 heats!!)
    3) Dave Hilton 550 pts

That's it! I'll say that the turnout was spectacular. It was great to see. I rely solely on pen-paper to handle sign ups and heat sheets and we had so many guys and boats that my antiquated method almost proved difficult. And, no less than 4 local members weren't even racing. Actually 5.

Next race is Sunday, December 21st. Also, RCRACINGEVENTS has been activated for our WW XI signups. Please sign up! It will be here before you know it.

goodness..i hate waiting

What time do you guys start? I may be in town (as a spectator) thank you

Usually around 930 or 10am

Thank you

12/21/14

We're getting close to Christmas, so we had some attendance drop off, but we still had 11 racers participate! Great day, mostly sunny, no wind, high of 68. Just like we like it.
    Welcome Sean Sanchez! He's a friend of Ray's and has a UL-1 that was getting trimmed well throughout the day.

P-Ltd Mono

6 boats, and some serious concentration going on in these heats! Throttles pinned the whole time. Good stuff.

Ray P: 650 pts
    Kerry W: 494 pts

P-Ltd Cat

5 out there today. Perfect conditions for all boats, but the cats really looked good out there today.

Ray P: 1200 Pts don't let it go to your head
    Chuck M: 900 pts
    Kevin S: 75 pts

Vintage/Modern

More of a fun run today as we were missing a few scale guys. I will say that Ray's Modern is every bit he says it is, and Chuck's Vintage hums right along!

LSH

Started out with a 7 boat heat, but it widdled down to 6, then 5 in short order. Fortunately, all damage was self inflicted! A boat or 2 may have found the shoreline... Kerry has been working on his Insane, or shall I say leaving it alone? It was running very well today.

David N: 1200 pts
    Kerry W: 825 pts
    Matt D: 525 pts

OPC

Team Osborne (Jim/Ray) and I went head to head a few heats, but it was more testing than anything else. Yes, Pete, I'm mad at you for not showing up. Choosing partying Saturday night over our club event. How dare you.

Next race is January 25th! We'll need to pay attention to the water level as January is the month they drain the pond for dam maintenance. I'll be in touch.

If you haven't already, please sign up for WW XI! We'll get rolling with info/signups/sponsorships once we get through the holidays.

Speaking of which, have a great Holiday Season!

so if they drain it..are we gonna move the date?? if anyone know where I can get my hands on a ml 295 or 300, please let me know..or a lynx

anyone going to tucson for club race on the 18th of january..

Hey guys I have a Spartan that I have built wanted to find out more about racing with some other people. Cheers :)

not sure what size Spartan is, but I think its bigger than 34" but maybe q class?? anyone else help here??

also what classes are people going to run this weekend, the Hiltons are coming from cali, so we should have 5 to 7 moderns if everyone shows and races..vintage..lsh..p lim cat..p lim mono..p momo..opc?? offshore??

Yes I believe it is actually a 36" Hull. Although its not Stock at all Im running a 180A Esc with a TP 4060 1720Kv motor on 6s. Thanks for the help! :) Even if theres not a class I fall in I would love to just check out what other guys are running and partake... Cheers.

come on out this sunday, you do have to have a namba membership to run, but plenty of racing to watch and plenty of people to help answer your questions

Just filled out the app online and paid the 50 bucks and it showing on my NAMBA account. Not sure if I need the actual card to compete but looks like I am a registered member now! :)

ok..if you don't have card by sunday, just bring copy of email

One day..see ya all tomorrow bright and early..79 for high temp..woowoo

01/25/15

Nice mid 70 degree day, partly cloudy. Couldn't have asked for a better day to be at the pond. We had a nice turnout again, with 15 racers including the Ca Hilton's. They had a truck load of boats, but unfortunately left their radio gear at home! They scrambled and with some help from other racers, managed to get some boats on the water.

P-Ltd Mono

8 boats entered. We split the class, until the last round when we combined the remaining 7 boats.

David N: 1025 pts
    Lenny B: 1000 pts
    Jim O: 650 pts

P-Ltd Cat

11 boats entered. Congratulations to Bruce Lewis for getting 2 heat second places today! He didn't make the podium, but is driving much better.

Jim O: 969 pts
    Dave H: 925 pts

1/10th Vintage

Let's just say some of the gremlins were left on the pond so that 1/10th Vintage can have a good showing @ WW XI. Due to the radio issues, the Hilton's swapped the boat back and forth (1 heat Dave ran it, the other Peyton), and still were able to top everyone else.

Dave H: 425 pts
    Peyton h: 425 pts
    Ted M: 400 pts

LSH

Chuck Murray really has a nice boat and he's driving it better, too. I guess the r/c car practice out in the street is paying off! But, a stock UL-1 takes the top spot.

Dave H: 969 pts
    Chuck M: 850 pts
    Kerry W: 769 pts

1/10th Modern

Ray's 1/10th is definitely a step above the others as he's been working on it religiously for a while now. And, no buoy hits! If he would have just not flipped it that one heat...

Ray P: 825 pts
    Dave H: 700 pts
    Ted M: 400 pts

That concludes our scheduled club racing for this season. We can discuss scheduling a race in March, after the WW XI race, but the weeds become a problem right around that time. One option is to invade Tucson's March club race date...

WW XI is fast approaching. We have a few coming from Michigan, Pags from the East Coast, and I continue to field calls/texts from Colorado guys looking to get their fix on before their Nats! We've got Lenny Blake CD'ing all 3 days this time, which is a first. Our club is stronger than ever and we're eager to throw the best WW race yet.
    Last edited by D. Newland; 01-26-2015 at 04:46 PM.

tucsons club race is on the 22nd of march..and they always welcome us..and don't forget district 19 race on april 18th and 19th in Tucson..would be nice to get a good showing of fe guys there and other district races..i am going to try and make all of the district races minus san diego, if anyone is interested in going