I will start by saying hi, this is my first post on this forum! I recently got in to rc boating and bought two used boats. Boat one is a sv27 all stock, runs great, just flips a lot. So after getting my feet wet with that boat I decided it was time to "advance" to a slightly larger cat. I got my proboat mystic used once off a guy on cl who claims to be very familiar with rc boats. The boat is in great shape was told everything including the hull had one previous run with no problems. The boat has been heavily modified it has a 2075kv motor all aftermarket rudder and prop support with dual cooling pickups and exit's. I am told it has a 150 amp sky esc but i have not been able to find that brand around. The seller also included 2 hiMoto 2700mah 25c 40c burst 2s lipos. The problem is that the esc and battery's get very hot! The last attempt at running the boat I melted a deans plug.

Another note water is coming out of both cooling ports the esc has more water than the motor

1st run- about 3.5 mins in the boat quit still had steering. motor temp 90, esc 140, batteries 110- i figured it could be lipo cut from the small mah

2st run- driving harder because I was getting more comfortable with the boat overheat about 2mins in stop moving.. motor temp 93, esc 160, lipos hot (but not measured)

This is when I knew I had a problem, so after hours of research I ruled out my motor and prop the motor never gets warm and started looking at something I may have done. the only thing I have done to the boat is switch the plugs out for deans. I discover that I had accidentally used non electrical solder. So I went to radio shack and got silver solder. I cut my wires back cleaned and re solder making sure i didn't get a cold joint.

3rd run- about 2 minutes it stop moving again with same overheating issue

So next I charge up a set of eco power 30c 5000mah to try them

4th run- ran for about 5-6 mins in super choppy water no problems motor temp 100, esc 120, batteries warm but not bad.

5th run- clam lake again, with the eco batteries about 3-4 mins in running kinda hard my esc started making noise and lost all control. when i got it back the boat was full of electric smoke the motor was cool to the touch batteries and esc were very hot, so hot that it melted one of my deans.

after I got home I repaired the deans plug and the boat worked again. on the stand, I test ran it in my pool and the boat is gutless!! I pulled the motor and esc from my e-revo and put the boat stuff in it. the revo will not move under its own power but if you give it a push it will drive and its fast still. so i hooked the revo esc upto the boat motor and the revo drove great! no heat issues.

So what is wrong with my boat? my ideas
a- crappy batteries (they run in my sv with no problem but this has a higher draw)
b-crappy batteries and the burnt up my esc too
c- something else??

sorry for the long post but I would rather include something not need than overlook a potential cause

thanks for your time,
Andy