Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeromarine Team Believer with updated hatch build. Special

Quiet don't tell nobody.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Did some thinking on the best way to make this shoe boxed hulls outside transom flat. I came up with this aluminum plate. It's the same thickness as the upper deck .

Originally I was over thinking it lol
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-10-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Default Hatch

So I found a good effective way to secure the hatch.

--Albert Einstein

Some how I'm going to wire all this up. The couple things not in the pic are a 120F thermal switch on the esc and a LED light that I will mount somewhere visual on the front deck.
    --Albert Einstein

I have the pump double sided taped down and the 3s 1350mah 30c held down with Velcro and a One wrap . Going to can the servo activated switch for the water pump and go with a thermal switch to turn the pump on and power a red LED strip to let me know the speedo is getting warm.

--Albert Einstein

Nice job...so far...

(Tony Horton) lol!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Looks good a different way but i like it

Tc Axel

Thanks guys.
    --Albert Einstein

Kinda old skool, but it looks good plenty strong for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Kinda old skool, but it looks good plenty strong for sure.
    Perfect for a old school boat :) just a fun runner .
    --Albert Einstein

She's going to be the equivalent to the modern R/T Challenger , I might even put a rebel flag on it lol
    --Albert Einstein

It is always nice to see a different approach. Looking real good!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Thanks tlandauer
    --Albert Einstein

I found some compact thermal switches used for CPU fans to use for the warning light and water pump. I ordered 4 of them. They will close at 122F and open at 91F + or - 5 degrees
    --Albert Einstein

Made a capacitor cooler

--Albert Einstein

Used a old t180 heat sink to make this . It will cool the bottom side of the esc mount. This will only flow water from the inboard water pump .

--Albert Einstein

Nice work so far!
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Thanks ^

Something like this. Seriously couldn't think of a better way to keep this esc any cooler....

--Albert Einstein

Default Transom holes

I made this removable transom plate first to build the surface to match the upper deck and as a template for the in house built transom clamps. Things need to line up perfectly and this is my approach .
    --Albert Einstein

It should have a strong transom area when I am done :)

--Albert Einstein

Default Bench test

So I did some plumbing work using some check valves and got some really good cooling results on the bench. I pre heated the esc with hot water to about 120. I ran vid of the results. If you don't watch the vid just take my word for it , it works

http://youtu.be/CJ8XX2Bx-Y8

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    So I found a good effective way to secure the hatch.

Do ,you make some kind of spacer so you don't distort the cowl when you make the screws up ? or just don't screw them that tight ? which I can't see doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Do ,you make some kind of spacer so you don't distort the cowl when you make the screws up ? or just don't screw them that tight ? which I can't see doing ?
    Not yet Chris , I want to ad some weather stripping then find out if I need the spacers. If I do I will stack up some nylon washers. I don't screw them that tight , the rubber seems to act like a thread lock of sorts.
    --Albert Einstein

I am a KISS guy ( keep it simple stupid ) to me the pump the, thermo switch are just more things to go wrong, nothing wrong with a rudder water pick up . I like to try different things also don't get me wrong but I am am not sure what you are trying to improve ? PS is the boat louder with the alum. rails ?

I'm still building it , this is my first rail system so I can't comment on the noise. For the pump system it really basic but may not be necessary. I have burned up a bunch of money on over heating esc's and motors so it just a insurance thing. I will be running a minimum of 16000mah so things will get warm and be nice to just stop the boat and let it cool for a minute when running.
    --Albert Einstein

Hey have you seen these computer pumps http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Brush...item3f399122b5

Hey have you seen these computer pumps http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-Brush...item3f399122b5
    Ha ha
    --Albert Einstein

I am a KISS guy ( keep it simple stupid ) to me the pump the, thermo switch are just more things to go wrong, nothing wrong with a rudder water pick up . I like to try different things also don't get me wrong but I am am not sure what you are trying to improve ? PS is the boat louder with the alum. rails ?
    You do realize I'm running a dual pickup rudder right ? There are two things I'm trying to improve Chris , the first is drive it like you stole it until the red light comes on :) 2nd no more bringing it in when your packs are 2/3 charged still to check temps. Might come in handy when going to those faster props !
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    You do realize I'm running a dual pickup rudder right ? There are two things I'm trying to improve Chris , the first is drive it like you stole it until the red light comes on :) 2nd no more bringing it in when your packs are 2/3 charged still to check temps. Might come in handy when going to those faster props !
    I did not notice , I guess you are using the rudder to feed the pump the computer pums are really nice I am going to use one with a raditor on my test stand !

One thing I have discovered in the real world oil field is the centrifugal pumps are really good at volume but not so much good at pressure. My pump will have its own pickup that will submerge when the boats stopped. I think that's best incase the rudder pick ups pack off with something . I was thinking about using the rudder to pull my water but if I did that I think the head pressure going to the pump is much too high.
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-15-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
    --Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast