Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeromarine Team Believer with updated hatch build. Special

Default Aeromarine Team Believer with updated hatch build. Special

So I'm kicking off the Team Believer build with a plan. I'm starting with the motor mount. It's going to have a big motor on 6s

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Nice work shop, love that aluminum mount! thread subscribed!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

My shop is my apartment patio with a easy-up lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

I'm anxious to see how this big motor is gonna do!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Default Motor plate

This where things start getting interesting for me !

--Albert Einstein

Something like this should be good. After the motor mount is done I will make a esc mount and servo mount both bolt to the aluminum rails. Kind of like a drop in system
    --Albert Einstein

very nice

Thanks robw.
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-07-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    --Albert Einstein

One of the things I do when designing things is make templates and keep them in case I want to make parts again.kind of like a jeweler I can fit the whole store in on bag.

Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-07-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    --Albert Einstein

8 taps comming up . I estimate this boat will need about 32 of them
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-07-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    --Albert Einstein

dont ask
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Currently this may be the worlds biggest motor mount but it's not official yet lol
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    dont ask
    All questions subject to answer , for now I will ask the questions if I need advice or act like I need help don't worry I will ask lol
    --Albert Einstein

So I shaved the bottom down on the V3 to get a look at there copper compound and to see if I could cool this esc even better since I'm running a big motor :)

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    dont ask
    It had to do with my domination of the forum today.
    See this thread for your answer

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ting-the-forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

So I figured I would JB weld it to an aluminum plate that will transfer the heat down the rails. I might ad a second cooling line to the plate.

--Albert Einstein

I also will add be very carefully when cutting the bottom of the V3 . I'm pretty sure I did not damage it but had a close call. I seen sparks come of my band saw so I backed off sand took a smaller bite. Almost shaved off that deal that has 100 on it. It has hard metal in it what ever it is. I plan on putting power to it tommorrow for a peice of mind.
    --Albert Einstein

Looking good! Thread subscribed

Subscribed.

I love the aluminum look. I curious why you decided to mix CF in with the aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    Subscribed.

I love the aluminum look. I curious why you decided to mix CF in with the aluminum.
    Thanks, well the mix of the two is only based on my opinion of what works best on that particular part . My goal is max strength and function . For the motor mount plate I went with a 1/8" plate braised on 3/8 square bar so I could drill tap the side plates on, also aluminum here will obsorb additional heat and should i need to ad cooling lines to the plate I can although I don't think I will. The added cf to the plate was to increase rigidity and overall strength reducing some of the stresses to the welds. The cf side plates to save weight. Of course the aluminum esc plate to absorb heat and a cheap replacement should I fry the esc, it also is my tool to keep the rails aligned. I think both materials are superb in different area's
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 09-08-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
    --Albert Einstein

What KV is the TP ?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    What KV is the TP ?
    --Albert Einstein

It's going to have a water pump activated by full left turns. Boat won't be moving of coarse .

--Albert Einstein

This piece of indestructible lexan should make a nice platform for the pump system . It's actually the same or lighter than cf and non conductive, cheap in comparison too...

--Albert Einstein

Just a bit of info.... The esc and engine part of the mount with both bolted is weighing 30.2 oz. . Not too heavy yet.
    --Albert Einstein

Bad news . I tried to braise some aluminum for the servo mount to the right rail thinking that would be lighter and ruined the right rail. Good new is I made a new one and a servo mount out of cf and I now have a rail template .
    --Albert Einstein

--Albert Einstein

Platform is getting there. After it's fully built I will break it all down and put the finishing touches to it. This thing is going to cradle everything and I anticipate more brackets , a interesting water plumbing system, the fun part !
    When it's all done I can get to the transom, this boat isn't kind in that area. After that battery trays made with lexan.
    --Albert Einstein

Can't believe I missed all this progress! Looking good!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Does the Super X electric fuel pump, pump electrons back into the 1350mAh LiPo for unlimited run times?
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast