Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Aeromarine Team Believer with updated hatch build. Special

Ok I'm kind of pissed that I just ruined my motor . The isolating material the factory uses sticks out the motor ends where I cut them and I don't know how to get that stuff off lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Randy, you have to use a hobby knife to scrape one individual wire at a time, it is a famous PITA, but it will get you there.
    Sorry, but patience.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Randy, you have to use a hobby knife to scrape one individual wire at a time, it is a famous PITA, but it will get you there.
    Sorry, but patience.
    Thank you very much for the tip ! I almost threw it across the yard ! lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

I don't think this guy is going to scrape all these wires lolimage.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

I hear you, there was a discussion and some use chemicals, but I just craped mine, although it was a smaller motor with many less individual wires.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    When you get the MGM load the disc in your computer and just study it to get familuar with it. That is the only draw back to MGM if you want to call it that, is the only way to program is through your PC. You also not only have to calibrate your radio to the ESC you also have to calibrate the ESC to your radio and you have to do it EXACTLY how it says to. Here's the video on setting the throttle limits, the boat esc is the same except no reverse.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzM5xyzseM
    What? I have reverse on mine! Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Ummmm when I saw that pic where you cut the wires on the motor....I said ugh o....I hope he knows what he just did. Maybe using the wire brush on a bench grinder carefully will help. I have not yet come across this issue yet but I hardly think it could whip me.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Ummmm when I saw that pic where you cut the wires on the motor....I said ugh o....I hope he knows what he just did. Maybe using the wire brush on a bench grinder carefully will help. I have not yet come across this issue yet but I hardly think it could whip me.
    I was thinking about taking a wire dremel wheel to them .
    --Albert Einstein

Besides the fact that it's doable making this thing right do I really want to spend the effort on a $150 motor lol
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    I was thinking about taking a wire dremel wheel to them .
    Much better idea than my hobby knife.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    What? I have reverse on mine! Lol
    Really Travis, I never even tried I just figured the boat esc didn't have reverse. I must have mine disabled some how cause it doesn't have it now! LOL not that I really need it on a Hydro, it would probably just go under if you tried backing up. The transom is level with the water just sitting there...

Much better idea than my hobby knife.
    Worked good !image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

It's done but I won't do it again. You need two new wire wheels for this and I'm confident it's almost as good as before there pretty short now lol

image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Really Travis, I never even tried I just figured the boat esc didn't have reverse. I must have mine disabled some how cause it doesn't have it now! LOL not that I really need it on a Hydro, it would probably just go under if you tried backing up. The transom is level with the water just sitting there...
    You didn't study the disk good !
    image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

It's done but I won't do it again. You need two new wire wheels for this and I'm confident it's almost as good as before there pretty short now lol

image.jpg
    YAY!! You did it. Awesome!
    Randy, I had the same reaction as Travis when I first saw the pictures.....

YAY!! You did it. Awesome!
    Randy, I had the same reaction as Travis when I first saw the pictures.....
    Ha ha ! That's what it's all about lol
    --Albert Einstein

So I got rid of the lights and am going to put something else there now

image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

It's a real time temp gauge . I will mount the sensor somewhere on the MGM . No more thermal switches just keeping the servo activated water pump.

image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

You didn't study the disk good !
    image.jpg
    I know right! I haven't found anywhere where it says that the Boat ESCs have reverse....

She's not quite the looker that she was but that's ok it gives me more reason to get crazy with it lol
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

I think I will order a slightly lower KV motor too .
    --Albert Einstein

I kind of like the 1600 kv . This 1800 kv is cool but I think the 1600 is a better fit for 55-60 mph sport running.image.jpg
    --Albert Einstein

I didn't even realize these were over 10hp motors lol
    --Albert Einstein

Hmmm... The 1550 kv pulls 50 less amps ...IDK
    --Albert Einstein

I just pulled the trigger on a 1550kv 7D 5640s . It pulls 90 less amps vs the 1800kv I have at specced voltages @ 4500w continuous. Should be a tad easier on the esc lol
    --Albert Einstein

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516