Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M445 and X642 question

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Me too! With a single drive tho.
    NICE! look forward to watching another one of your builds, I've learned a lot watching you build and tweak that Rivercat.
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    NICE! look forward to watching another one of your builds, I've learned a lot watching you build and tweak that Rivercat.
    Gonna be a bit before I get started tho...I have two more rivercat builds to do. I'm hoping to get mine in the 100's this weekend altho I'm quite nervous about it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Gonna be a bit before I get started tho...I have two more rivercat builds to do. I'm hoping to get mine in the 100's this weekend altho I'm quite nervous about it.

Good luck I can't wait to see the video of a Rivercat going over 100!

Weather is horrible today so no boating for me. I meant to ask this yesterday. I'm swinging an M645 which I know is a big prop for this little 30" hull. The problem I'm having is it wants to turn hard right when I get on it. I have to have my radio trim set left like 15 clicks just to make it go reasonably straight then when I let off the throttle it turns hard left. I tried lowering the right outside trim tab a little bit, but didn't seem to have any effect. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Weather is horrible today so no boating for me. I meant to ask this yesterday. I'm swinging an M645 which I know is a big prop for this little 30" hull. The problem I'm having is it wants to turn hard right when I get on it. I have to have my radio trim set left like 15 clicks just to make it go reasonably straight then when I let off the throttle it turns hard left. I tried lowering the right outside trim tab a little bit, but didn't seem to have any effect. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    pretty normal for boat to go to the right, it is the prop walk that pushes the ass around to make it pull , try a different prop,,,,the thinner the better to preven prop walk,, next move would be to build some Left turn into the boat what I mean is use a airplane motor wedge or that a 1/8- 3/16 piece of plywood and put it on a disk sander and make a wedge to place under the strut mount you also will need to bend the stuffing box for the best alignment you know that will scrub 3-5 MPH Chris
    Last edited by dasboata; 10-03-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Hey thanks Chris! So what you're saying is wedge the strut so that it is makes the boat have a little left push and when you say angle the stuffing box are you referring to the stuffing tube? I might have to give this a try!

Yup correct !!! next thing would be to try my props :Peace_sign!

Hey thanks Chris! So what you're saying is wedge the strut so that it is makes the boat have a little left push and when you say angle the stuffing box are you referring to the stuffing tube? I might have to give this a try!
    I tried one of dasboatas props...bigger than the one i normally run...and the one i normally run prop walks.....his did not. It drove as omooth as could be. give him a shot with an m645....i think you will like it. or he could do somthing higher pitch and diameter and turn the diameter down for you....best of both worlds...more pitch...more speed...less diameter...less prop walk.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks Travis my SAW cats driveline you will get the idea but change prop 1st
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've used a Dasboata prop on this boat before. They are nice I'm just a do it yourselfer. Here is one I just worked up for my dad this morning. image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Thanks Travis my SAW cats driveline you will get the idea but change prop 1st
    Perfect, thank you Chris! I think I'll be doing this over the weekend.

I've used a Dasboata prop on this boat before. They are nice I'm just a do it yourselfer. Here is one I just worked up for my dad this morning. image.jpg
    It's a nice finish,,and blending, ! I would not trust the balancer the shaft should have air on 1 side not touching,, (can't see the other side but I got a feeling ) and IMHO the magnets are too strong and holds the shaft to tight

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    It's a nice finish,,and blending, ! I would not trust the balancer the shaft should have air on 1 side not touching,, (can't see the other side but I got a feeling ) and IMHO the magnets are too strong and holds the shaft to tight
    Nope I keep about 32nd gapimage.jpg

I need a balancer like that. I have a top flight at three moment

Actaully I use my top flite for fine tuning this OSE one is great for when you're on your bench top sander and you want to throw it on real quick to check for balance. I like it because you don't have to mess with those little black shaft cones. Then when I've worked up to 800 grit on the sander I sit down and do some hand sanding and use my top flite balancer. It's what works for me. image.jpgimage.jpg

I need a balancer like that. I have a top flight at three moment
    top flight is fine execpt for the cones use a 3/16 pointed shaft instead

Jealous of all this talk of building up CF daytonas!! I feel like my end goal is to one day build a CF cat. I'm still a guppy in this hobby right now though. Only have had my Revolt for this summer. Kaotic has shown me that I have a lot left to get out of this awesome boat in the coming seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by fwlbp View Post
    Jealous of all this talk of building up CF daytonas!! I feel like my end goal is to one day build a CF cat. I'm still a guppy in this hobby right now though. Only have had my Revolt for this summer. Kaotic has shown me that I have a lot left to get out of this awesome boat in the coming seasons.
    Well they were supposed to show up Friday but didn't make it. I started on two rivercats at the moment. Then I'll get to the daytonas. Kaotic....you run again? I ran mine yes day but it was a bust. Wind was blowing. Water was rough. Found out my prop was messed up. It was prop walking so bad I couldn't hardly drive it. Dasboata sent me a prop to try out and it drove 10 times better. I bent mine in the last two crashes and I could not get it back right so it's trash. I'm about to head to the lake again. Hopefully got my stuff lined back out.

Well they were supposed to show up Friday but didn't make it. I started on two rivercats at the moment. Then I'll get to the daytonas. Kaotic....you run again? I ran mine yes day but it was a bust. Wind was blowing. Water was rough. Found out my prop was messed up. It was prop walking so bad I couldn't hardly drive it. Dasboata sent me a prop to try out and it drove 10 times better. I bent mine in the last two crashes and I could not get it back right so it's trash. I'm about to head to the lake again. Hopefully got my stuff lined back out.
    I've been hanging out with Sean, Joel and Keith at the SAW Event in Flint MI for most of the weekend so I haven't really had a chance to get over to my pond and run. I've learned so much by talking with those guys, they really are something else to watch! Sean had is Dayton up to something like 98+mph which was cool to see especially since the winds have been hovering around 15-18mph. I got to see Keith run his cats, WOW! They run incredibly smooth especially in these less than ideal conditions. I think I'll be working on my Revolt over the winter to get it ready for the Spring SAW event and maybe I'll have my Daytona there to who knows.

I've been hanging out with Sean, Joel and Keith at the SAW Event in Flint MI for most of the weekend so I haven't really had a chance to get over to my pond and run. I've learned so much by talking with those guys, they really are something else to watch! Sean had is Dayton up to something like 98+mph which was cool to see especially since the winds have been hovering around 15-18mph. I got to see Keith run his cats, WOW! They run incredibly smooth especially in these less than ideal conditions. I think I'll be working on my Revolt over the winter to get it ready for the Spring SAW event and maybe I'll have my Daytona there to who knows.
    Yea I heard they had some not so good weather out there. I had the same thing yesterday. I'm waiting on the wind to hopefully die down some today so I can go get some runs in. In the meantime I'm working in the shop on those two river cats.

Not to get too far off topic, but I figure you guys in this thread could answer my question best. Do you know if the stock 60 amp aquacraft esc can handle the 3674 leopard or does this motor demand higher amperage esc?

Personally I would get a SK120 for $85. You can sell your AQ ESC here, I think if memory serves me I sold mine here for around $60.

Well my son and I took it out tonight as the sun was setting and hit 71.7mph and that was 3/4 throttle we could only make 2 passes. The hull handled well. I need to make some strut adjustments and I'm going to swap out the M445 that we ran it on tonight with a 442. This hull has plenty more to give. image.jpg

75.3mph this morning! image.jpg

75.3mph this morning! image.jpg
    Awesome Jeff!
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Thanks Joel! Heading back out with one of Dasboata's props in a few minutes. If I can keep it in the water I think I should have it really close to 80.

Well I got it up to 76.9mph with one of Chris's props and it still had plenty more left to give, but it was running way to lose so I brought it in made a few more adjustments. While I was looking over the boat I noticed my rudder was lose so I tightened up the set screws but one had become stripped. I figured oh well I'm having to much fun I'll run it anyway. My 6 year old son said dad I think we should run home and fix it. I didn't listen and ran it anyway. Yup huge crash and now I have some major damage to the rudder assembly but I don't care because I was looking at upgrading it anyway. I'll try and upload the video of it crashing at over 76mph. image.jpg

Very impressive!

You started at 58mph....you remind me of.....myself lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast