Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M445 and X642 question

Wow, your repaired canopy has to be stronger than when new. Have you done a carbon inlay in the hull? Just wondering since you're running such crazy speeds. I was thinking about putting carbon in my hull in off season, and now at your suggestion, in my cracked canopy. I like to drive my boat aggressively and feel that sooner or later I'm going to crack the hull.

Edit: also see your whole hull is sanded, what color/scheme you going with?

Oh yeah the canopy has no flex what so ever, super strong! Yes I did a full CF inlay all the way to the nose.
    image.jpg
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Man I really like your setup. I've never done a inlay before, do you know of any how to videos or links? What is the black box at the rear on the port side (left) of the boat? I just received a carbon battery tray and straps from OSE last week, but am seriously wanting to do a inlay before gluing it in.

That box is a waterproof receiver box. The inlay is really easy actually. There are several methods but basically cut the CF to size then use 2 part finishing resin. I just lay it in there and brush the resin in. It soaks through after you brush it on and go over it a few times. Just make sure it doesn't pool up. It does take a while however I enjoy doing it.

There are a few videos on you tube of guys doing kayaks and snowmobile body panels, basically the same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    LOL well the rain stopped but the winds where 20-25mph, I flipped it once and broke the cheap servo that came with it. Now everything has been upgraded on this little boat! Here is a video in some chop doing 62.2mph:
    (sorry for the finger over the lens its my 6 year old filming with my iPhone.) (Also this is my first time uploading a video to You Tube and I may have done something wrong, because the quality of the video is horrible).

http://youtu.be/i4ii5AJKJHs
    That thing is fast!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I know that CF hulls can interfere with radio reception but wasn't sure if this happens with inlays. Have you noticed any interference issues with the carbon inlay?

I had the same concern too. I've never had a problem with reception and this hull has CF from top to bottom with an internal antenna.

Running well Jeff.
    You may well get to your target.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    OK this is easy, Boat + Pond = WET .... Boat + Rain = WET ..... I don't see a problem here.
    That's where my team name of 'Wet Track Racing' came from. We race when it's raining, even on a wet track.

Retrieving the boats is a bitch though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Running well Jeff.
    You may well get to your target.

That's where my team name of 'Wet Track Racing' came from. We race when it's raining, even on a wet track.

Retrieving the boats is a bitch though.
    Now that's dedication to the hobby right there!!

I'm glad to say that wasn't me getting wet. A fellow club member.
    But as he likes to point out. "The rain fills in all the holes on the water"

Made a few minor adjustments and got her up to 63.3mph now. image.jpg

Well this afternoon I put an m645 on it and got it up to 63.8mph with some really crappy 35c lipos. I wanted to run it first with those so I could make some adjustments then put in my nice lipos. Well I put in my nice lipos and it got airborn at 58mph. I believe I just got on the throttle to hard to fast because the water was litterally glass calm. It wrecked so hard that it broke my battery tray from the hull. Oh well I'm gluing it back in now and will give it another shot this week sometime!

Wow, glad to hear the tray was the only thing damaged. That was a true test of your inlay.

This time I used JB Weld which I believe Kfxguy uses for his motor mounts. It seems pretty solid now.

This time I used JB Weld which I believe Kfxguy uses for his motor mounts. It seems pretty solid now.
    I do use jb weld and jb quick. It's strong enough to likely rip the hull. Who did the m645 prop? The m645 should be about 6mph faster (what I've seen anyway). You might be running out of motor. What I would do is put it on 5s but put about a 42mm prop. If you use an x642, make sure it's detounged. The reason I'm not telling you to run 5s on what you have is because you would potentially pick up about 10mph and I'm not so sure that hull would stay on the water at 73-75mph. If you want to stay with the prop you have, get a pair of 2s revolectrix batteries and you'll pick up at least 2-3mph. I've seen more myself.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

W
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I do use jb weld and jb quick. It's strong enough to likely rip the hull. Who did the m645 prop? The m645 should be about 6mph faster (what I've seen anyway). You might be running out of motor. What I would do is put it on 5s but put about a 42mm prop. If you use an x642, make sure it's detounged. The reason I'm not telling you to run 5s on what you have is because you would potentially pick up about 10mph and I'm not so sure that hull would stay on the water at 73-75mph. If you want to stay with the prop you have, get a pair of 2s revolectrix batteries and you'll pick up at least 2-3mph. I've seen more myself.
    I do mine own props but still learning. I'm going to put a little cup in the 445 and 545 and see what happens hopefully this weekend.

I've kicked the idea around a little on going 5s. As the boat it set up right now I have my trim tabs set neutral and I could still move my COG another 1.75" forward so I think I should still be able to I eep it on the water up into the low 70's but there's only one way to find out!

Well I got her up to 64.9mph today. Then on the next set of batteries I added a little cup to the tips of the m645 and that slowed it down by .9mph. So I wonder if the motor just can't spin anymore pitch or I simply just screwed up the prop. Heading back out to do some more testing. image.jpg

67.3mph image.jpg

67.3mph image.jpg
    what changes did you make?

I did a little bending at the tips and that's really about it. My temps are starting to get up there now. Tomorrow I'm going to do a 445 and 545 but really start bending the last third of the blade by a decent amount and see what happens.

Getting perilously close to 70! Pretty amazing gains just massaging these props. Who needs 6S??? Looking forward to see what you get with this next set of props.

I'm having fun with it, like Kfxguy said I could easily throw a bunch of power to it, but I really want to see what I can get out of this thing with average 4s Lipos. I took this week off from the office to make sure I had ample time to get this thing to 70 lol. I made a couple small adjustments and I'm heading to the pond shortly.

Well I just got back. The winds where blowing but the water was relatively calm. I could only get it between 64-65mph. Little disappointing.

What batteries are you using?

Just turnigy nano-tech. 4s 5000mAh 65c.

Just turnigy nano-tech. 4s 5000mAh 65c.
    when the time comes and your looking to buy more batteries, try a set of revoletrix. they are cheap and takes only about 5 days to get them. youll pick up mph. i couldnt get into the 90's until i used them. i think they were worth 5mph over my spc 6500mah 65c packs.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    when the time comes and your looking to buy more batteries, try a set of revoletrix. they are cheap and takes only about 5 days to get them. youll pick up mph. i couldnt get into the 90's until i used them. i think they were worth 5mph over my spc 6500mah 65c packs.

For sure, I think I'm done buying batts for the Revolt. I'm getting ready to start slowly piecing together my CF Daytona twin for a winter project. I will be buying the revo's for it come spring.

For sure, I think I'm done buying batts for the Revolt. I'm getting ready to start slowly piecing together my CF Daytona twin for a winter project. I will be buying the revo's for it come spring.
    This thread is making me want to build a v hull about this size to hit 70 lol. Guess I have to finish the current projects first! I have two brand new carbon daytona hulls already on the way to me btw.....I'm gonna see what I can do with them. This hobby is addictive and expensive!

It is addictive! Yup my Daytona should be here tomorrow. Then I'm going to take my time and reinforce this thing with coremat and CF, I want it to be bulletproof. I'm aiming for triple digits

It is addictive! Yup my Daytona should be here tomorrow. Then I'm going to take my time and reinforce this thing with coremat and CF, I want it to be bulletproof. I'm aiming for triple digits
    Me too! With a single drive tho.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast